Attire & Accessories Forum

One month for alterations?

I ordered my dress in march and it should arrive the first week of july. 
My wedding is August 9th. 

I am kind of getting nervous that that won't be enough time for alterations. Am I getting worked up about nothing? I don't know how long alterations take and I am SO scared that my dress won't be ready in time (my worst wedding nightmare.) 

My FI keeps telling me that they wouldn't have ordered the dress for me if it wouldn't be ready in time. I'm hanging on to that hope but I just wanted another opinion. I'm pretty average sized so I am hoping there won't be too much alterations that need done. 

Re: One month for alterations?

• I am in a similar boat to you.  My wedding is in October and I ordered my dress in March.  The dress should arrive in September.  I talked to the bridal salon about a rush order, but they assured me they would only need 1 week to do alterations if the dress came in at the end of September.

My bigger concern is the dress not making it to me in time - I have set aside a little bit of money just in case that happens.

The good thing about the time frame is that you will not be competing with homecoming or prom alterations.

Anniversary
  • My alterations were done in 3 weeks. I think every place is different, but you can pay a rush charge almost anywhere to get them done faster if their normal turn around time is longer than that.
  • Thanks for the reassurance! I don't mind paying more as long as I get to wear my wedding dress! 
  • I had a friend get her alterations (at DB) done in an afternoon! I think most places would prefer a week just to take their time, but it can be done in a week I'm sure. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards