Attire & Accessories Forum

Help finding a Wedding Bolero/Jacket

Hello everyone, I really really really need help finding a wedding bolero/jacket. I have a sleeveless gown and my family is very conservative, and I did not want a sleeveless dress. But as things happen, I got one that I really liked that is sleeveless.

Here are some images to help, the bodice:

The bottom is all lace:

Thank you so much for any suggestions. I have been looking but its so hard to find something pretty that doesnt look like it would be off with the dress.

Re: Help finding a Wedding Bolero/Jacket

• Are you having length taken off of the gown?  If so, could you do removable cap sleeves?

Anniversary
  • Hello Dignity100!

I already had it hemmed and now its at home with me. I dont think there would have been enough to make some sleeves.

The folks at the shop gave me removable cap sleeves. I bought them and then I realized that it was barely anything. It was just like spaghetti straps but thicker in width. >< My mother was not happy to say the least. I went into the city today to RK Bridal found a lot of coverage options that were quite pretty. Maybe you ladies can help me pick one that matches well.

The sizes on display were quite big and I had to hold them close in the back. ><
    # 3, 4, & 5 are the kinds that you wear first then you wear your dress over so it looks like its attached to the dress. They all had those little pearl buttons right down the back which adds a lovely touch.
    # 1 I liked, but I am concerned if its a little too long in the back.
    # 2 I adored. It is just too pretty. *.*
    There was another there that kind of looked like this:
    I would have bought this in a heartbeat if the price wasnt : Short sleeves $500, 3/4 Sleeves $700, Long Sleeves $900. ><

Anyways, I can dream of it!! Lol, thank you for any input :]
  • I like numbers 3 and 4 with your dress. Number 2 has an art deco look, that in my opinion, doesn't match the feel of your dress. 
  • also:

I think the amelie, alcott, iris, and the savannah toppers would all look nice with your dress. 
  • I really like number 1 and 4.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lilacck28: Thank you for your reply! I really like #3, I love #4 as well, but I am fearful that the V neck style would clash with the straight cut of the bodice.
    I understand what you mean with #2, I really adored it with all the jewels. I am not fond of the cape style however because I am wearing a ball gown style and I would prefer the top to be fitted.

Thank you for the link and the options provided! I really love the Amelia! But the review of the quality is throwing me off especially for that price.

Futuremrsk515: Thank you for your reply! :]

What do you ladies think about this? It is from an Etsy shop however so the downside would be not being able to see the color in person or the size.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards