New Jersey
Options

Unprofessional Wedding Vendors?- Advice Needed!!

Some of the wedding vendors I'm dealing with (that got perfect or near perfect 5 star ratings from this website) are acting SUPER unprofessional, in my opinion. And I really don't think I'm being picky.

The florist I was DYING to use got my appointment date wrong (she thought it was this month, when I actually requested next month). She sent me this kind of rude email about how she attempted to call me and I'm 30 minutes late and she's leaving and if I want to reschedule, it'll have to be at their main location. I apologized because I felt bad that she waited for me, but it wasn't my mistake! I pointed out that in the thread of the email, I had asked for a day in July (like, you literally can scroll down in the email to see that I asked for the July date) and then re-asked if the original date I requested was available (Also in this email thread is her saying "yes, that date works for us, see you then") When she replied, not only did she tell me that they were "fully booked" on the original date I requested, she didn't even apologize to me! 

Then, the hair and makeup person I wanted to use never sent me a contract after we talked on the phone and I told her I wanted to hire her. So a WEEK later (maybe even longer), I email her, asking for the contract. She not only forgets to attach the contract to the email, but she's also asking me questions that I've already answered. Ok, maybe you're busy, I get it, but to me, this is pretty unprofessional. Keep notes on everyone who contacts you, especially when they told you they want to hire you!

I don't get it. Am I the only one? Do I just suck it up and deal with it or is this a sign that I'm just going to regretting hiring them in the future. 

Help.

Re: Unprofessional Wedding Vendors?- Advice Needed!!

• Options
    Once I chose my vendors, the only one I had difficulty with was my officiant.  Once we met, signed a contract, and gave him a deposit, his communication sucked.  He replied to some of my emails, but not to others. 

H and I were really concerned that he might not show up. We have 2 friends that were ordained for other weddings (and our florist is ordained too), so they were all in our backup plan.  Thankfully, the officiant we hired actually showed up.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm having the SAME problem! I keep thinking to myself "should I just deal with it?" but then I remember that I am paying these people for a service. I always feel bad and and try to make everyone happy, to not cause issues but this day is for us (brides). If your not happy start looking for someone who gives you the time of day and is willing to communicate with you.

We're terminating our contract with our photographer because he swore up and down he would be there on our wedding day, we also did our engagement pictures with him and then when I asked his assistant if he could come to our rehearsal, his assistant told me his other main shooter was available which was "good" because he was going to be our photographer on the day of the wedding!!! My heart sank! The sad part is, I wouldn't of found this out until the morning of the wedding unless I asked about the rehearsal. I stressed to his studio that I specifically asked him if he would be there before I signed our contract and at our engagement session also and he confirmed with me numerous times that he was available, and now he is not. It's sad you can't take take someones word anymore. 

****For future brides or anyone that hasn't signed a contract with a photographer, make sure your contract says the persons name specifically or else you may get someone else on your day**** 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jaz3088 said:
    I'm having the SAME problem! I keep thinking to myself "should I just deal with it?" but then I remember that I am paying these people for a service. I always feel bad and and try to make everyone happy, to not cause issues but this day is for us (brides). If your not happy start looking for someone who gives you the time of day and is willing to communicate with you.

We're terminating our contract with our photographer because he swore up and down he would be there on our wedding day, we also did our engagement pictures with him and then when I asked his assistant if he could come to our rehearsal, his assistant told me his other main shooter was available which was "good" because he was going to be our photographer on the day of the wedding!!! My heart sank! The sad part is, I wouldn't of found this out until the morning of the wedding unless I asked about the rehearsal. I stressed to his studio that I specifically asked him if he would be there before I signed our contract and at our engagement session also and he confirmed with me numerous times that he was available, and now he is not. It's sad you can't take take someones word anymore. 

****For future brides or anyone that hasn't signed a contract with a photographer, make sure your contract says the persons name specifically or else you may get someone else on your day**** 
    This happens often with big/chain photographers.  This is one of the reasons it's recommended to go with a single/mom & pop photographer.  

• Options
    Yes, this is all very unprofessional.  If you haven't hired them yet, don't.  If you have hired them, see about getting your deposit back or maybe even eating the money.  At the very least, you want a written document spelling out all the expectations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I've had a DJ (who is highly recommended on the Knot) talk badly about other DJ's.  A friend of a friend used them and he proceeded to tell me how much money they spent.  There were some other things too that I didn't like.  We didn't book him bc of these things.  Just didn't feel comfortable. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards