Snarky Brides

XP: "Bridechilla"???

XP from Chit Chat.

I just came across this in my blog subscriptions and wondered if you ladies had seen it.

http://lover.ly/read/wedding-planning/bridechilla

Just a little excerpt from the opening paragraph:

"We've all heard the "bridezilla" horror stories; the bride whose crazy-high expectations stress out everyone around her. (Mandatory bridesmaid diet, anyone?) But in the past year, we've seen another type of bride emerge, out of a fear of being labeled the "b" word; she's the cool, laid-back, just-wants-you-to-be-happy bride who doesn't have any demands. She's so chill, she's actually too chill...she's a bridechilla."

What do you think?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

Re: XP: "Bridechilla"???

• Lol my MIL practically called me this.  She said I was "almost too laid back" and I remember thinking "is there such a thing?"

If that's a trend, I'm all for it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I actually sort of understand. When I went BM dress shopping with my girls I told them "X color and fabric, GO". They didn't have to match, just be in the same family. I wanted them comfortable and happy. After several hours the three of them had the same "top favorites" but would not make a decision. They kept saying "I don't know, what do you think?" It got frustrating. I ended up making a decision because one of them had to go to work and we wanted a decision.
  • I actually sort of understand. When I went BM dress shopping with my girls I told them "X color and fabric, GO". They didn't have to match, just be in the same family. I wanted them comfortable and happy. After several hours the three of them had the same "top favorites" but would not make a decision. They kept saying "I don't know, what do you think?" It got frustrating. I ended up making a decision because one of them had to go to work and we wanted a decision.
    When my friend got married she gave us a similar guideline - a short dress in clover green. It actually ended up being really hard with no real rules.  I didn't know what store to look at it or where I would find that random color in my size. She ended up having us do David's Bridal in a specific color and fabric - and it was so much easier. Same with shoes. I'm so used to brides that have specific ideas of what they want, that it was really hard to have a bride so chill. You're so worried that whatever you pick she's not going to like.
    Anniversary
  • I said "Here's the brand and colour, chiffon and floor length, go!" and all three girls found something they liked.  They held off for the longest time though because I never 'pulled the trigger' on when these dresses should be ordered, which almost cost us our ordering window.  My 'Meh, whenever!" attitude didn't help that way, hehehe oops.

• I will put it out there that I don't agree with most of this article. I just wanted to hear others' thoughts. Mostly what I don't agree with is that the thought that bridesmaids need to be super involved in wedding planning. Show up, in a dress, walk down the aisle, be happy, and stand with me is all that I think should be required. That being said, I'm not having a wedding party at all.

I am the type to worry if what I am doing will be right, but I am also the type to believe what people tell me. If she says she doesn't care, she doesn't care.

My mom and FMIL have had concerns about their dresses and others have asked me what to wear. My response is always to wear what makes them happy and feel good. I don't care about color, length, formality, etc. My sister was worried about wearing a navy blue dress when one of my colors is teal. It's FINE!!! FMIL is actually going to get two dresses and change between the ceremony and reception. If that's what she wants, it's FINE! I want everyone to be happy. You are adults and can dress yourselves. If it makes you happy, it makes me happy. I'd much rather people be happy than be matching for photos. Happy people take better photos anyway.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• There's a chill bride and then there's a disconnected bride. They aren't the same thing.  This article depicts more indecisive and distant person rather than someone who is completely at ease if their BM's all have mismatching shoes or whatever.

• ashleyep said:
    I actually sort of understand. When I went BM dress shopping with my girls I told them "X color and fabric, GO". They didn't have to match, just be in the same family. I wanted them comfortable and happy. After several hours the three of them had the same "top favorites" but would not make a decision. They kept saying "I don't know, what do you think?" It got frustrating. I ended up making a decision because one of them had to go to work and we wanted a decision.
    When my friend got married she gave us a similar guideline - a short dress in clover green. It actually ended up being really hard with no real rules.  I didn't know what store to look at it or where I would find that random color in my size. She ended up having us do David's Bridal in a specific color and fabric - and it was so much easier. Same with shoes. I'm so used to brides that have specific ideas of what they want, that it was really hard to have a bride so chill. You're so worried that whatever you pick she's not going to like.
    And that was what we did. We all went to Davids Bridal and I showed them the color and fabric. They just wouldn't make a decision. They kept say "I don't know" and "Its your day, what do you want?" I just told them I wanted them to love their dress. After several hours I just picked one of the two dresses that all three girls liked just to be done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards