Attire & Accessories Forum

Purple or Silver?

My MOH are beginning to discuss bridesmaids dresses. Our colors for the wedding are dark purple and silver. I'm just going to pick a color and fabric and let them pick what dress they all want. However, I'm having trouble deciding which color to do.

So, what color dress would you guys be more likely to wear again?

Re: Purple or Silver?

• I tend to wear a lot of purple, so I would go with that, but your probably better off asking your BMs.

When you say silver, do you mean like a metallic dress, or would you be doing something more like a grey/charcoal?

Anniversary
  • Those were my BFF's colors!  We did dark purple dresses for her wedding.  That color looked good on everyone from the super tan BM to me the super pale bridesmaid.  So I would go with the purple.  I think metallics are better as accents than as the overwhelming color of something.
  • My colors were purple and grey, and I had difficulty deciding between the two. I ended up picking the dress options and designer first, then shade of purple.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I would be more likely to wear a purple dress again, I suppose.  But, in terms of the overall look for your wedding, I think if they wore silver then they could carry purple bouquets.  Examples:
    imageimage
    Unless you wanted them carrying something else (ie. lantern or clutch) that comes in a variety of colours, including silver.  Examples:
    bouquets
  • @Dignity100 I would be going with silver in a satin / chiffon material at David's Bridal.

@doeydo that's actually why I started thinking about silver, because I think it'd look really pretty if they had purple bouquets. The silver I'm thinking is slightly darker than in those pictures, but those pictures are all really pretty!

I'm definitely going to talk to all the girls about it though! Maybe even let them each decide between purple and silver and just have a mix of the two like that next to last picture!
  • I think a dark purple looks rich and classy on all types. I'm very pale so I'd prefer the purple dress. I'd look washed out in silver, but if you did the darker gray (like a gunmetal) that could be real nice!

At the end of the day, the fabric and cut of dress would me more important than color if you're asking if I'd wear it again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm going to dissent and say I'd be more likely to wear something in the silver/grey family again than purple.  If you like both options, maybe see if your maids have a preference?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards