Wisconsin
Options

when to send?!?!

hi ladies!
just wondering when you were planning on sending out your invitations??   i know this question has been posted on other boards (the etiquette board mostly)  but i know answers can very from region to region. soooo  anyway, on other boards they all say 6-8 weeks before the big day.  but i was looking over my knot checklist today and it says to send them out at the 3 month mark, so now i am lost!!!   and i just thought i would ask you ladies up here in wisco when You were planning on sending out yours?????

Re: when to send?!?!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We sent ours out at 9 weeks.  We are getting married July 31, and 8 weeks would have put us at Memorial Day weekend and I really didn't want to send them on a holiday weekend.  In case it makes any difference, we also sent Save the Dates out in early January. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    angiemarie-- I am getting married the same date as you, I was about a week late, but we also sent the save the dates in early January.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    6 - 8 weeks is plenty!  3 months is too far out for most situations.  If you have people who you know will be traveling and may need the extra time to make arrangements, contact them with the information in advance.  For the rest of your guests if you give them all that time, many will put it to the side and forget about it causing you headaches later.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Alyssa0421Alyssa0421 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    6-8 weeks is correct. We got married Memorial Day weekend so we sent ours out at about 9 weeks though. They were all done before that and just waiting to be mailed. When we're invited to weddings, we mostly get them around 8 weeks in advance.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am sending mine out at the nine week mark!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are sending ours out 6 weeks before the wedding. I feel like if you send them out too far in advance people forget about them.

If this helps my shower invites were sent out on Friday and people already got them on Saturday. Some of theose people live out of town as well. Not out of State, just out of town.
  • Options
    tjoschkotjoschko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am shooting for 10 weeks at the latest because my entire family lives out of state.  We are expecting 180-200 people and most will require lodging which is very limited close to our reception and we know there is another wedding staying at our hotels that we have blocked - trying to beat their guests to the lodging!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards