Snarky Brides
Options

Will you throw me a party?

I love sharing with you guys :) so here's another lovely etiquette story. 

I'm a pure romance consultant, and I did a party last night. It was a bachelorette party, and the hostess asked that I get there early to be set up before the bride arrived because the pure romance part was going to be a surprise for the bride. Sure, no prob. I get there early and I'm chatting with the hostess and another girl there, asking questions about the wedding, and I learn that these two girls were asked by the bride to give her a bachelorette party. For some crazy reason they agreed, AND they aren't even in the wedding party. They were special enough to be asked to give her a party, but not special enough to be in the wedding party. But wait, there's more. 

The party is supposed to start at 8. The bride calls at 7:50 and says they haven't gotten their dinner yet so it's gonna be a while. This bitch actually went out to dinner with her wedding party while these other 2 girls are sitting at their apartment decorating for her bachelorette party. And I know they spent a ton of money because they bought alcohol, snacks, decorations, the whole deal.

The phone rings at 8:20, the bride is calling to say they just got their food. When the hostess asks how much longer she thinks they will be, the bride gets an attitude and says "Is it gonna be a problem??"

I would have been like uh yeah bitch, your manners are the problem. And uninvited her to my house. I can't even. 
Anniversary

Re: Will you throw me a party?

• Options
    Yeah, I think I would have told her to take her time b/c the party was now cancelled. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I feel bad for those girls. I think we do a lot for people because we feel obligated and that sucks. 
  • Options
    NymeruNymeru member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Those poor girls!  I wonder why on earth they agreed to do this when she quite obviously has a posse who should have done it for her.
  • Options
    Wow.  Those poor girls.  How do people like this even make friends in the first place?
    Anniversary

• Options
    That bride sounds like a manipulative bitch. Run ladies, and don't look back.

I wonder, if she made these 2 girls throw this party, what she is getting her BM's to do for her.  Such a sociopath.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    So what happened? Did they ever show up?
  • Options
    They showed up around 9pm, when the party originally was supposed to start at 8. Not a huge deal to me, but I felt sorry for the girls who gave her the party. I don't think I ever heard one "Thank you" from the bride either. I did however see one of the hostesses running around fixing her drinks and all whenever she needed something. Absolutely crazy. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    That's messed up! I would have canceled the party right there. What a bitch. 
  • Options
    gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    That's horrible, and I don't understand how people like this have friends.
  • Options
    The party would be canceled and the friendship officially ended if I was one of the hosts.

No one has the right to treat anyone that rudely.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I imagine this bride with a whip in her hand, being fanned with giant palm leaves by some brideslaves.  
    Shit's
    not acceptable under any circumstances.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Options
    You gotta wonder with stories like this, was the bride always a B and her friends should've known this and not thrown her a party like this?  OR do weddings really just turn some normal women into insane jerks?

I just don't get it.

SaveSave
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Stupid question.... what is a pure romance consultant? I am at work and scared to google it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Pure romance is a company, kind of the same structure as avon/mary kay, where you can buy "romantic gifts" like oils, lotions, toys (I think?), etc.

SaveSave
  • Options
    monkeysip said:

Pure romance is a company, kind of the same structure as avon/mary kay, where you can buy "romantic gifts" like oils, lotions, toys (I think?), etc.

@KatWAG‌ haha exactly. Think "sexy Tupperware party". I sell oils, lotions, and toys/'relationship enhancers' ;)
    Anniversary

• Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @lynze425 ok that is what i thought. But I didnt want to google it and have a giant dildo pop up on my screen, right as my boss walks by!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    unrelated but I once accidentally clicked on a hooker on CL while at work looking at "event services" for my wedding.
  • Options
    Yeah the bride is a bitch, but where are those girl's spines? Tell her no. The fuck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I once looked up the website honey pot instead of honeyfund (before I knew what either were). That was fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards