Chit Chat
Options

NWR My son had his brain MRI

My son had his brain MRI on Friday. It didn't look right, we could tell right off the bat. Now finding out if the oddities are anything to worry about will be up to the neurologist obviously. Because sometimes not looking right is perfectly normal. Imagine that? Still kinda freaked out. He's already been through SOOO much in his life. The thought of him even possibly having one more thing is just a real WTF moment. First clubfoot and 4 damn surgeries. Then behavior issues so bad he is asked to leave his charter school, now he isn't product growth hormone peptide and then possibility of brain issues? OMG seriously. 

Anyway I brought this up a few days ago and some of you said you would be thinking of us so I wanted to update. Thank you for your thoughts.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR My son had his brain MRI

• Options
    I hope it turns out he is okay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Wishing for the best. Thanks for the update.

• Options
    Thinking of you and your family! I know this is a difficult time, but you will absolutely get through it and it will work out, one way or another. Xoxo

• Options
    Are they thinking the behavior might be tied to the brain?  Or too early to speculate.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sending lots of good vibes your way.  
    Anniversary

• Options
    Vibes for a positive outcome.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers for your family.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    mysticl said:
    Are they thinking the behavior might be tied to the brain?  Or too early to speculate.  
    That is a really good question. This specific test had nothing to do with the behavior center of the brain but I've always wondered if he had something in his brain that was "off" when it came to behavior. Because he doesn't really get angry like normal kids. He doesn't have tantrums. He shuts down and gets dark angry. He doesn't hurt small animals or anything, no worries, but he just seems calculated, like he's deciding his next step.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mysticl said:
    That is a really good question. This specific test had nothing to do with the behavior center of the brain but I've always wondered if he had something in his brain that was "off" when it came to behavior. Because he doesn't really get angry like normal kids. He doesn't have tantrums. He shuts down and gets dark angry. He doesn't hurt small animals or anything, no worries, but he just seems calculated, like he's deciding his next step.
    A friend's child a had similar situation.  The behaviors weren't what you describe but there were issues and there was a brain issue but not in that part of the brain that should affect behaviors.  However, I can't help but wonder if it still has an impact. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards