Attire & Accessories Forum

Veil Re-Design

When my parents got married, Mom wore a lace Juliet cap with a fingertip veil and a blusher.  Fast-forward to this year, when both my sister and I are getting married; while we both love her veil and want to use it somehow, it doesn't really suit either of our styles.  We ended up separating it (with Mom's wholehearted permission, of course) - C's using the fingertip portion attached to a comb tucked into her updo, and I get to keep the cap and the blusher.

The cap itself is an old wire frame, covered with the mesh and lace.  I'm considering taking it apart further and putting the lace onto a headband, and then attaching the blusher somehow in a birdcage/fascinator style, which I will then remove for the reception and wear only the headband portion.

I've been searching for ideas, but they're all starting to run together now.  Does anyone have any advice on:

1) styles to wear a reformed Juliet cap and blusher veil

2) gentle ways to attach 30 year old tulle

FYI - I have short hair that is usually spiked, and often has streaks of purple or red.

Thanks!

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**

Re: Veil Re-Design

• 30 year old tulle was made of nylon, not silk.  It ages  well, and isn't more fragile than new tulle.  Do you want to wear a long veil?  You could attach a new single layer veil to the Juliet cap easily.  Veils were multi-layered and pouffy 30 years ago.  (Yup, I still have mine.)   With your short hair, it would be a different look.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I'm not interested in a long veil, which was why we took Mom's veil apart and C took the longer portion.  Mom's veil was only the two pieces, the fingertip and the blusher, as well as the cap.

Thanks for the info on the tulle - it was the most nerve wracking hour of my life when I was cleaning the fingertip portion and halfway expecting it to fall apart in my hands.  It held up really well, though!

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards