Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Crepe Station?

I really want a crepe station at my ceremony. Is that weird? I LOVE crepes. My mother says that if I have a station it needs to offer both sweet and savory. Any opinions on this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Crepe Station?

• Mmmm... crepes.  I would think you need to know how quickly the individual crepe portions can be turned out.  Are the actual crepes made to order, including the pastry?  If yes, you'd want to make sure that ordering and waiting for crepes doesn't become burdensome.  If not, how is the caterer insuring quality?

IMO, as far a sweet vs. savory, I think that would depend on when the station appeared.  If the station was just available after dinner, I could totally see only a dessert crepe option and it could be announced as such.  And before dinner, I think you could get away with only more savory options or could have both, depending on what you wanted.  As long as you were clear in what you called the station, I don't necessary think guests would assume both sweet and savory would be available.
    Anniversary

• Agree with PP, depending on how many will be attending, if you do this you'd want at least two if not more attendants at the station.  My H LOVES crepes (sweet only), and he is a meat and potatoes super picky eater.  Personally, I prefer savory.  That said, I don't think you absolutely have to do both.
  • Jax has some great questions and I'd want to know the same things.

I do think offering sweet and savory would be best if you can.  If not, maybe your caterer can guide you on which is more popular?
  • So we played around with this last night. I think we decided that we are going to do a BBQ dinner from this awesome place called 4Rivers. Then have the Crepe station open the entire time with 2 savory options very non-BBQ and then a lot of sweets options, like probably 4 or 5. Otherwise I'm only having one kind of cup cake. I'm not having a candy table or a wedding cake since it isn't a wedding. 

The crepe station is actually a food truck here in Orlando that will also come inside a venue. They turn crepes over quite quickly because there are two people working and have all the fixings right there. That's why you have to choose from their catering menu exactly which you want them to make. So if you don't choose an apple crepe they won't have apples on the ready. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That sounds awesome

Anniversary
  • I'm kind of biased because we are doing a sweet crepe station! We're doing it with desserts so I think that if you serve yours with desserts, you don't need to offer savory options.
  • Crackktheskyy aren't you so incredibly excited about crepes. It isn't a super popular thing yet so I know my guests will be like "Heck yeah crepes!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Crackktheskyy aren't you so incredibly excited about crepes. It isn't a super popular thing yet so I know my guests will be like "Heck yeah crepes!"
    Haha yes, we are thrilled! FI and I have this little crepe place we go to frequently, so it's nice to be able to incorporate that into the wedding. Plus, nutella and banana crepes might be my favorite ever!

Best of luck with your crepe station -- I'm sure your guests will rave about it!

• We did crepes - we had savory at cocktail hour with 3 flavors. I think they were chicken & spinach, mushroom, and cheese? Can't remember exactly.

And then we also had sweet at dessert - there were 3 fruit flavors.

I think they were big hit and our venue does them all the time, so they have the pace nailed down. No one had to wait long.
  • I love crepes too. Whether they work at your wedding depends on if they can be prepared and served with minimal inconvenience to guests and staff, so it's situational. If they do work, more power to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards