Maryland
Options

VENUE HELP!

I have been searching all over for a wedding venue and just can not find one that is affordable.  We are trying to have our wedding on a Sunday on memorial day weekend. We are looking to have about 130 people. I would love a wedding with an outdoor ceremony. I have been searching everywhere some of which include silver swan, celebrations at the bay, Chesapeake inn, kurtz beach, Chesapeake beach and these are just a few of the about 60-70 that i have emailed. I DO NOT want to spend more than 17,000 dollars on the food, beverages, and place. Please help I am getting so frustrated. We are looking at Maryland, Delaware, and Central Pennsylvania. 

Re: VENUE HELP!

• Options
    Hello, my cousin got married at Swan Harbor Farm in Havre De Grace, MD. This place is breathtaking and I had the best time there. He got married Memorial Day weekend and I believe it was $10,000 to rent the venue out but not sure what was included.
  • Options
    Typically things tend to cost more around holiday weekends so you may find finding a venue difficult for the price you want.  But with that said $17000 for food beverages and venue is a pretty large budget.

What kind of vision do you have for your wedding?  Outdoors?  Indoors?  All in one location or are you wanting to get married at a nearby church?

• Options
    Are you set on getting married on the water?

We got married at the Mansion at Valley Country Club and it was very affordable. http://www.valleycountryclub.com/valley_country_club_weddings_maryland.html

Our second choice was The Overhills Mansion in Catonsville and they had a very varied menu and a lot of options to make it more affordable.  http://www.overhillsmansion.com/

The country club books up fast though - we were looking in late April 2011 for a May 2012 wedding and all that was available was either March 2012 or late September 2012.  We went with March, which was perfect for us.

Good luck, I hope these options help!
  • Options
    Sorry I am not sure how old this is but have you thought about Annapolis Maritime Museum.   It is on the water and should hold you amount.  It is also not too pricey and lets you bring in your own alcohol so you save there big time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards