Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon funding

Hello, and thank you for reading this! My fiance and I have been together almost 8 years and bought a house last year. We purchased or already owned many of the household items people typically register for. Our wedding is in October, and I'm ordering my invitations tomorrow! We were thinking about (because our invitations come with an extra little card) using the card to announce our wedding website. I don't want to outright ask for help paying for our honeymoon. I am a teacher, so we won't be taking our honeymoon until next summer. 

My question is how did you ask for your guests to help fund your honeymoon? Did you put it on your wedding website and/or use word of mouth? 
Thank you!

Re: Honeymoon funding

• Options
    jfree032 said:
    Hello, and thank you for reading this! My fiance and I have been together almost 8 years and bought a house last year. We purchased or already owned many of the household items people typically register for. Our wedding is in October, and I'm ordering my invitations tomorrow! We were thinking about (because our invitations come with an extra little card) using the card to announce our wedding website. I don't want to outright ask for help paying for our honeymoon. I am a teacher, so we won't be taking our honeymoon until next summer. 

My question is how did you ask for your guests to help fund your honeymoon? Did you put it on your wedding website and/or use word of mouth? 
    Thank you!

no, I didn't ask anybody for money. Neither should you. Your guests don't have to give you anything. If you hope to get money for wedding gifts, just don't register for anything. Ask your family to say that you don't need anything, but are saving for a nice trip. Your guests will get the hint.
  • Options
    The best way to do this is not register. When people ask where you're registered, say that you're not, but you're saving up for your honeymoon. Please do not do a honeymoon registry.
  • Options
    Yep. Don't register, when people ask just say you're saving up for your honeymoon. They'll figure it out. Don't put anything on the invitations or in with the invitations saying anything about gifts or money.

And some people will still give you boxed gifts cause that's what they do. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Also, when not registering, you will need to decline any showers. There really is no point to having a shower if you truly have everything you need!

Edit- spelling

• Options
    Thanks ladies! 
  • Options
    When it came to the wedding, 95% of our gifts came in the form of money. I'm also a teacher, so we were planning on having a delayed HM anyway.  We just held off on booking it until after the wedding. We were able to pay for our HM with this money and without mentioning a word about preferring cash to anyone.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards