Ohio-Northeast

American Wilderness Campground reception venue

I was curious about American Wilderness. The pictures on their website are beautiful, but I was hoping to hear from someone who had had their wedding there and could tell me cost and general info about it. Thanks! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: American Wilderness Campground reception venue

• I recently entertained a wedding at American Wilderness.  It was surprisingly nice considering it's a campground.  Although I don't know exact pricing information, the Bride & Groom did say it was very reasonable.

A few things that I noticed: 

EVERYTHING is an extra charge.  Right down to bags of ice for the bar.  They kept a tab at the front desk.  Also, the caterer was given explicit instruction that they were NOT to use the microwave or any other kitchen items, or else the Bride & Groom would be charged.  Any wedding guests found using the playground or any other campground amenities would be required to pay for a camp site whether they stayed the night or not.

But, it was nice and clean.  Just be sure to ask questions about fees so you aren't surprised.

• Thanks!
    I went to visit and requested a copy of the contract, they do have hidden fees everywhere! You have to have a parking attendant.. Why? Its a campground. Its $1,100 just for the rental before any additional fees, and I added in the few that were in the contract and it came to like $1,500. I can't believe they have that awesome kitchen but charge extra to be able to use it! Thank you for your info, we decided to book elsewhere, which is a shame because their venue is beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards