Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

help me find this cake server online

I am looking for a set almost identical to this one, only the one I want is slimmer

I found it! It is this one by Ivy Lane 

Do you think I can find this for ~$30?? 

Re: help me find this cake server online

• Options
    I know, I know. I'm a debbie downer, but find cake cutting sets a waste of money. Some people get them as gifts, I just used the venues. I can honestly I do dwell on not having my own fancy cake cutting set. good luck looking

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    thanks @chibiyui! I will check those out. 

and @lyndausvi no worries I know some people dont like these kind of things. I am one to actually try to use everything, so I will probably use it whenever we have birthdays or aniversaries and such just so it doesn't end up being a waste! 

• Options
    HauteRoxyHauteRoxy member
    First Answer Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2014
    lyndausvi said: I know, I know. I'm a debbie downer, but find cake cutting sets a waste of money. Some people get them as gifts, I just used the venues. I can honestly I do dwell on not having my own fancy cake cutting set. good luck looking ***
    I totally agree!

I have been looking for a cake cutter & server, & I don't like any because I am a snob. I'm joking of course, but WTF will I do with it afterward? 

I am INCREDIBLY PISSED OFF that my cousin (same age) got married 5 years ago. She used a 4 GENERATION cake knife from our maternal side of the family. From our great grandmother, to her daughter (our grandmother), to her daughters (both my cousin's mother and my mother) -
    They all used at their weddings. In every photo. It used to be gorgeous.

Instead of returning the knife to my grandmother, she took it to "Things Remembered" and carved all of the wedding dates, including hers - into the
    solid silver knife with a PEARL handle with a completely hideous font and each date is strewn around the knife in odd places. It looks RIDICULOUS. I would like to ... ah nevermind. 

Super off topic . and I apologize!

But for that reason I couldn't give any more shit to having a cake knife. OMG goodness I should not have thought about that. 

Anyway - I think I will go with two forks with Mr on one and Mrs on the other, or "I do" and "me too" or some happy horse shit like that. At least I can put them in our silverware drawer and use those day to day and smile. :) 

Sorry for the rant!! and all the yelling caps. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards