Virginia

Small Wedding; 30 ppl or less

I'm having a difficult time trying to find a location for a small, intimate wedding that only a few close friends and family members will attend. We are both military stationed in Louisiana and want to come home to the VA area (Richmond, Williamsburg, Charlottesville or Northern VA) for our celebration. We are on a strict budget seeing as we have to incorporate travel costs to get back and forth from VA and didn't know if anyone knew of any locations in those areas! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Small Wedding; 30 ppl or less

• I didn't have much luck in va which is why I chose vegas. But if you're considering Charlottesville, there are all kinds of little b&bs I'd look into there that would be perfect for an intimate wedding. Also, in northern va i would check into some of the smaller wineries off the beaten path.
  • Thank you! Some of the b&bs have looked awesome- so far, Chestnut Hill located in Orange, VA has been the only one to offer an "elopement" package for up to 24 guests- I was hoping other vendors or areas would have something along those lines to make sure it's small and intimate for everyone involved!
  • There's a jasmine plantation outside Richmond that I originally looked at
  • I'm not sure what your "strict budget" is, but the Farmhouse at Veritas, Clifton Inn (during the week?),Barboursville may be options...
  • Hello! I recently got married in Reedville VA at a home and it was stunning! We had an outdoor tent a caterer that was amazing and 1/8th of the price of everyone else! They can handle all of the planning etc. You can bring your own decorations or they can do it for you.  There is a hotel that is 2 miles away that has an outdoor pavilion with a grill and picknick tables too!  Let me know if your interested.  The people with the house are close friends and they do weddings.  WE had about 170 guests and had the most amazing wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards