Wedding Party

s

kcollomkcollom member
edited June 2014 in Wedding Party

Re: s

• Have a margarita or a big glass of wine and stop worrying about this like pronto.

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    Are you having any type of gap between the ceremony and reception?  If you are, then I can completely understand why he would not want to attend the ceremony.  What is he supposed to do during that time?

It almost sounds as if you are more upset that his lack of attendance disrupts your car pooling situation.  Is he close enough to the area that he can drop her off at the church?

• I second @maggie0829 , have a margarita and stop worrying. It sucks that it sounds like your BM's boyfriend is a douchenozzle, but you can't do anything about it. Just hope he shapes up or ships out soon. 

Anniversary
  • meh - fuck it. If he's the guest of a BM and is rude enough to not attend your ceremony whilst attending events where he gets free food, he sounds like a complete loser. Obviously, my opinion is very humble... /s

I would not waste one more second thinking about this free-loader. You have much more important things to do, like get married and have fun with your friends. If he lives up to how you've described him, he'll probably sit like Eeyore at the RD and reception anyway. If your BM chooses to Eeyore around with him, so be it - ignore that too. Politely thank him for coming and then move on.
    *********************************************************************************

• What I would do is nothing. This is a non issue. Margarita?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Yes, it's rude of him, but there's nothing you can do.  If the BM is fine dealing with the car situation, then there's no reason for you to care about it.

Leave it alone.  You aren't going to miss him witnessing your ceremony.  
  • This is such a non-issue.  What a random DD.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Why do you care if someone you haven't met won't be at your wedding ceremony? 

• edited July 2014

• I don't even understand the question.  What is there to even do?  Demand that he attend the ceremony?  I legit don't understand what answer you were looking for here.  Cheers.
  • I do think it's rude of him to skip the ceremony. I personally would never do something like that. However, it's really not worth being upset over. Honestly, you barely know the guy. Is his absence really going to bother you on your wedding day??
  • NymeruNymeru member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Yes, he's being a jerk.  If he's coming to any of the events, he really should go to the ceremony as well. However, you can't make him do anything, nor should you want someone like that watching you get married.  You don't need that type of bad ju-ju.  Be happy you'll be surrounded by those who love you while you get married and ignore the ass.
  • lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    This guy might have some social anxiety about attending the ceremony solo. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I promise you won't notice him not attending your ceremony.

Wish we had that margarita machine, y'all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards