Destination Weddings Discussions

Need Help With English-French Bilingual Invites!

Hi everyone!

I have a bit of a dilemma.  My fiance and I are getting married in Punta Cana next year, and we're looking for a reasonably priced supplier for wedding invitations. The catch?  His family pretty much only speaks French, and my family is pretty much all English!  We designed our own Save the Dates (it was a cute post-card with the information in English on one side and French on the other), but that process made us VERY aware of how long it would take to do our own invites.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Need Help With English-French Bilingual Invites!

• I don't know how many invitations you need, but you could just do two completely different sets--one in English and one in French. They could be identical in terms of design, just different words. Any reasonable designer should be able to accommodate French (just make sure you have a family member proofread it!)
  • Thanks!

There are a few practical issues that we're facing with that.  One is that if we order them it would significantly rise the cost.  The other is that our life is very bilingual, so doing one invitation nicely represents that.

The other issue is I'm struggling to find something that's clean and simple and in our colours of butter yellow, green, and light gray).  Yellow seems very trendy for fall/rustic weddings, but as that isn't our look at all, it's been a challenge!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards