Offbeat Weddings

Need Help With English-French Bilingual Invites!

Hi everyone!

I have a bit of a dilemma.  My fiance and I are getting married in Punta Cana next year, and we're looking for a reasonably priced supplier for wedding invitations. The catch?  His family pretty much only speaks French, and my family is pretty much all English!  We designed our own Save the Dates (it was a cute post-card with the information in English on one side and French on the other), but that process made us VERY aware of how long it would take to do our own invites.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Need Help With English-French Bilingual Invites!

• lilybet13 said:
    You might get more responses XPing this on one of the more active boards. You could also try searching the boards, if search is cooperating.

We did bilingual invites, as well, after seeking text for each language. We designed them ourselves and had them printed after uploading the design to VistaPrint. That site seemed to have the most flexibility for design, but other sites might work. You could also buy DIY kits at a craft store, perhaps print at a local print shop, or speak with graphic designers or Etsy vendors.

There are a few options for format.

Both texts on one page:

Same design, different pages:

Separate invitations, perhaps for each group:
    THANK YOU! That is so helpful!
  • Alternatively, you could simply have 2 different sets of invitations, one in French and the other in English. That's what we're doing. I found that bilingual invitations were too wordy, and reminded me of official goverment-type correspondance (which isn't the feel I want for my wedding).

Will you be having a bilingual ceremony?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards