Wisconsin

Vendor Reviews 8/07...sorry it's a bit long!

Reading vendor reviews helped me out quite a bit, so I thought I'd return the favor!

Rehersal Dinner: Catering from Maggianos A+
We had rehersal dinner in my huband's parent's backyard and ordered catering from Maggianos.  They came and set everything up for us.  The food wasn't cold (Mayfair is 45 minutes away) and everything was delicious!

Ceremony: Schlitz Audubon Nature Center B+
The location was beautiful, but the rental coordinator was a bit difficult to work with.  She wouldn't answer or return my phone calls, but when I would email her she would answer questions I had left her in a voicemail.  It was a really odd.  She was, however, very flexible with us when we decided to change our wedding date, and also change our rehersal time.

Chair rental: Canopies B+
Schlitz has a contract with them so we didn't have another choice for chair rental.  They were really friendly, but their prices are pretty high.  Also, their staff started taking down the chairs while we were doing our recieving line even though we had them rented for another hour.  We also rented cocktail tables from them for the reception and let up pick them up to save on delivery costs.

Reception: Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place A/B
I think the best way to explain our experience with them is a rollar coaster.  We booked before the ballroom was complete and negotiated free glasses of champagne for toasts, and "locked" in the 2008 menu because we hadn't seen the finished ballroom yet.  Everything was going great until our final run through 2 weeks before the wedding.  The rental coordinator was trying to get us to do everything SHE wanted (room setup/timeline/grand march...).  We did drink tickets for the cocktail hour and she basically called us cheap for only offering call alchohol and not premium.  She also told us we only locked the 2008 menu options, not the prices.  Our NY Strip ended up being $3/plate more than we anticipated, but my negotiating fiance got her to drop the prices of the half barrels by $50 because of the confusion.  The day of everything from the presentation to the service was amazing.  It was like night and day from our final meeting 2 weeks prior.  Despite the headaches, our guests had nothing but great things to say!

Photography: Sarah Immel A+++++
From the moment I saw her work I knew I needed to have her shoot my wedding.  She is so talented and very easy to work with.  She's a bit pricey, but pics are all you will have left once the wedding is overk, so the investment was well worth it.  Our epics were amazing, and I can't wait to see the wedding ones!

Videographer: Red Letter Weddings A
I can't really give a true review just yet since I've only seen their work from other weddings.  We had Jay, who was really easy going and laid back.  We got a great deal and he even stayed for an extra hour, free of charge.

Salon: Neroli Bayshore (Hair B, Makeup A++)
I have mixed feelings about my experience here.  I chose a different style for my hair than I had at my trial, and I could tell the stylist wasn't too thrilled about it.  I wanted a loose updo that gathered at the nape of my neck, but I didn't think she understood what I meant by that (even with pictures).  My hair ended up looking great, but it wasn't what I wanted.  She told me that my hair wouldn't look like the pictures...but she didn't even try the style.  I chose to get airbrush makeup and I'm so glad I did!  The artist, Briana, was amazing!  She did such a great job!  I was a little nervous about the airbrush from different reviews I read, but she made me look so natural and not cakey.

The only big negative I had was that the front desk pressured me into tipping more, even though the gratuity was built into the price.

Cake: Cake and Bake, Germantown A++
We did their "cash and carry" option where you pick up the cake for 50 cents less per slice.  They waited late for my brother to pick it up and had everything put together that assembling it was simple.  We had tuxedo cake (vanilla, filling, choc) with chocolate cream and raspberry cream fillings and non dairy whipped frosting.  It was delicious!

DJ: SOS Productions A-
Very reasonable ($650 for unlimited play time).  The dance floor packed the entire night!  My only complaint was that he kept pronouncing our last name wrong!

Flowers: Special T Flowers, West Bend B+
We only did ceremony flowers through her, they were beautiful but the bridesmaids bouquets were a lot smaller than I wanted.  They weren't the same sizes either, one bridesmaid's was about 1/2 the size of the others.  Also, by the time we got off the limo bus and the reception the orchids and hydrangras were whilting.

Transportation: Blackline Limo A
The "party bus" was my fiances BIGGEST priority.  The driver was very friendly and took us wherever we wanted.  Excellent service, but a bit pricey.

Dress: Stone Manor Bridal A
The staff is so sweet and friendly!  I loved going there.  The seamstress was VERY overpriced ($360!!), but she was so accommodating with my fittings.  The only day that worked for my final fitting was the day before the wedding (I live in IL) so she blocked off her entire day to make sure she got my dress finished.

Bridesmaids Dresses: Le's Bridal, West Bend A+++
Le is so friendly and sweet, and she knows who you are the second you walk in the door.  The dresses had a short train, and since she knew my family from my sister's wedding she did the busseling for free.

Tuxedos: Amelishan Bridal, Hubertus B+
Very friendly when we picked out the tuxes, but when my husband went to pick his up the lady was very rude to him and was going to over charge him for the ring bearers.  In the end, everything got straightened out and the tuxes looked great.

We basically did all of the reception decorations DYI so I will be putting a lot of things up for sale in the next few weeks...vases, candy bar containers, tiffany blue/aqua and green linens, and a few other odds and ends.  I hope this helps anyone who is starting their wedding planning!!  Best of luck!

Re: Vendor Reviews 8/07...sorry it's a bit long!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards