Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

familyceremonybigreception

hi gals! I am having an immediate family (parents/siblings/grandparents) ceremony with a large reception (200+) to follow. I get super nervous at wedding (think hives all over) when I have to stand up, so i thought i'd avoid that for my own wedding. 
I am having a hard time figuring out the wording for my invites. The reception will be cocktails, heavy hor d'ourves and dancing. I need help!!

Re: familyceremonybigreception

• Options
    i really don't want to have the "invite you to a reception" part...any way to avoid that?
  • Options
    We are doing exactly this (small ceremony, bigger reception) and while it was a little extra work, we literally designed two invitations. We wanted everyone to feel really special! 

We sent one version of invites to the ceremony invitees and it had all the details about the reception as well. The second version was sent to the reception invitees and said "invite you to celebrate their marriage at a dessert and dancing reception". 

It worked great. Because it was a true invite for everyone and not an "insert" i don't think anyone felt like they got the short end of the stick. 

Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards