New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Bear Mountain Inn During Oktoberfest

Has anyone had their wedding at BM during Oktoberfest? The catering manager I've been speaking to is basically discouraging all Saturday events during late sept/early october. This is not good news for me as it's exactly when I want to host my event. Any suggestions?

Re: Bear Mountain Inn During Oktoberfest

• Options
    Hey, since no one has replied, I figured I would let you know that I went to Oktoberfest last year and watched a limo just sitting in traffic that was shuttling the wedding party from the overlook lodge to the Inn.  Also, the traffic starts way before you even get to Bear Mountain- so your wedding guests would be stuck in that traffic also.  I sat in traffic for 45 minutes to an hour to park for Oktoberfest.  Plus, you would be missing out on a lot of great photo opportunities since the place is absolutely packed.  I was actually considering Bear Mountain but I'm instead getting married over at Cortlandt Colonial Manor and taking all of my photos at bear mountain.  I was considering October 17th but remembered how bad the traffic was and didn't want to risk being late for my own ceremony.  Instead I went with November 14th.
  • Options
    Thanks! We decided on another venue as well, but I'd love to stay at BMI sometime, it really was beautiful!
  • Options
    What venue did you decide on? Bear Mountain is beautiful- the inn would make a nice romantic getaway!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards