Wedding 911

Two weeks to go, and I still have no idea!

I've only ever been to ONE wedding in my whole life (I don't know how I managed that either), so I'm having a rough time with my own. There's still so much I'm figuring out, and my family isn't of much help.

My main concern is day of stuff. My family keeps asking me for a timeline, but I haven't got a clue of who should be where, when. The ceremony is at three, with the reception at 5... When should we start getting ready and such?

And how in the heck does decor get set up? Do I ask the venue? It's an Audubon park, so I doubt they'd help out. BMs? I figured they'd be getting ready with me. All I really want is an arch, some chairs, and some small decor items, so I'm of half a mind to do it myself. Ditto for the reception... but people have told me this is a massive don't!

So are there little wedding decor elves I don't know about? That would be pretty great.

Re: Two weeks to go, and I still have no idea!

• When to get ready depends on how long you think it will take you. Are you having your hair and makeup done or doing your own? It took me about 3 hours to get completely ready. 

Decor gets set up in a variety of ways. Either do it yourself, hire someone to do it, or take people up on offers to help do it. My bridesmaids and my favorite aunt did our setup for us. I would have gladly helped myself, but our ceremony was in the morning, and we couldn't get into the venue until a few hours before, which meant I was right in the middle of getting ready myself. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • If you involve your bms, be clear that you are asking for their help and not assuming that they will since they are in the bridal party. I was a bm recently, and the communications I got from the bride regarding set up for the venue where she assigned tasks to the bridal party to help set up. All of those activities took place before the rehearsal (which was a Friday, and I had to work during the day). I let her know that I'll be only available for the rehearsal and not any earlier due to work, and she understood.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I've only ever been to ONE wedding in my whole life (I don't know how I managed that either), so I'm having a rough time with my own. There's still so much I'm figuring out, and my family isn't of much help.

My main concern is day of stuff. My family keeps asking me for a timeline, but I haven't got a clue of who should be where, when. The ceremony is at three, with the reception at 5... When should we start getting ready and such?

And how in the heck does decor get set up? Do I ask the venue? It's an Audubon park, so I doubt they'd help out. BMs? I figured they'd be getting ready with me. All I really want is an arch, some chairs, and some small decor items, so I'm of half a mind to do it myself. Ditto for the reception... but people have told me this is a massive don't!

So are there little wedding decor elves I don't know about? That would be pretty great.
    How long will the ceremony be?  How long is the drive from the ceremony to reception?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards