Wedding Invitations & Paper

when to send out invites?

Hello my fellow brides-

I have my invitations and they are all ready to be mailed out. My question to all you lovely ladies is when should I mail them out for our Wedding September 20, 2014. My wedding coordinator/planner said she needs numbers 3 weeks before our wedding, so I placed August 20th as the rsvp date. I have read so many different blogs and articles of when you should send them out. Some say 6-8 weeks before and the knot checklist says July 19th. I was thinking of possibly dropping them in the mail this weekend sometime to get a head start on receiving RSVP's back and also because for my shower I had to constantly send reminders out to people to rsvp just for the shower. 

Please Help! A bride in need of some good advice.

Lauren

Re: when to send out invites?

• lem212 said:
    Hello my fellow brides-

I have my invitations and they are all ready to be mailed out. My question to all you lovely ladies is when should I mail them out for our Wedding September 20, 2014. My wedding coordinator/planner said she needs numbers 3 weeks before our wedding, so I placed August 20th as the rsvp date. I have read so many different blogs and articles of when you should send them out. Some say 6-8 weeks before and the knot checklist says July 19th. I was thinking of possibly dropping them in the mail this weekend sometime to get a head start on receiving RSVP's back and also because for my shower I had to constantly send reminders out to people to rsvp just for the shower. 

Please Help! A bride in need of some good advice.

Lauren
    I would mail them no earlier than July 20th. 
  • July 20 is about 8 weeks before the wedding and that gives guests about 4 weeks to RSVP and you a week from there to chase down any outstanding responses before you turn in your head count 3 weeks before the wedding.  

Sending them too early often means people put them aside and forget about them because they figure they have months to answer and then time flies.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah I was gonna say get them out for about July 20th. My wedding is October 12th. I plan on sending mine August 9th and fgure everyone should get them by the 12th. Our RSVP date is Sep 12th.

• I guess I sent mine out way early, but been getting a decent amount of replies back pretty much every day. I sent mine out July 9th, they were received by most the next day. That surprised me. I have an RSVP date of Aug. 29th, wedding is Oct. 4th, but I need a head count 3 weeks before for cake, 2 weeks for reception, and for our own good I gave an extra week to actually received the last minute ones.
    FI refuses to call after any one who doesn't respond back and is very adamant that I do not call after anyone as well. He doesn't get the importance of knowing who will be there or not, or not who but how many.
    This is against others as I now see. I was going to suggest no earlier then 12 weeks not later then 6 weeks out. The average I often see suggested is 6-8 weeks.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • lem212lem212 member
    First Comment
    thanks I sent them out on the 16th of July so just a few days before our shower. we have gotten some back already so we shall see. I am hoping I don't have to make any calls or my FI family doesn't have to make any calls. thanks for all your responses :) 60 days to go!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards