Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

NWR: Honeymoon

Just out of curiosity....where are all of you going for your honeymoon?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR: Honeymoon

• Options
    Vegas:)
  • Options
    a13049a13049 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Yep ^^ our time after the wedding will be our honeymoon. We usually travel once I. The summer so we will probably find somewhere more tropical next year, or maybe a cruise to celebrate our one year. Two vacations is too much for us with our dd
  • Options
    a13049a13049 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Yep ^^ our time after the wedding will be our honeymoon. We usually travel once I. The summer so we will probably find somewhere more tropical next year, or maybe a cruise to celebrate our one year. Two vacations is too much for us with our dd
  • Options
    We're staying in Vegas too for our minimoon... I'm not calling it our honeymoon, b/c I want that to be on an island somewhere... which will probably be almost a year after we're married!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Secrets Maroma Beach!! :) we live in Vegas and do several "staycations" here throughout the year so we are looking forward to getting away!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We haven't decided yet. Since you can't get a direct flight to the Caribbean from Vegas (and we don't wanna go west and backtrack to the east coast at the end) we may go to California. We're thinking Palm Springs and temecula? Anyone got feedback on that area? We are still looking into the Caribbean but we'd waste some time going back east.
  • Options
    We did a minimoon in Vegas but we are going to Hawaii for 2 weeks in Feb 2015 as our official honeymoon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mspennmspenn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We drove to the Grand Canyon for a few days and then back to Vegas before going home.  
  • Options
    We did Vegas till Tuesday (From our Saturday wedding), New Orleans through Friday, Ft Lauderdale for a night since we needed to connect in Miami, and then Antigua for five nights.  In hindsight, I'd have gone with St Lucia instead over Antigua, but otherwise, perfect.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    @Rosebubbly Some of my colleagues at work were just talking about Temecula - great wine region, rolling hills. My colleague was there for her anniversary and had a great time.
    Palm Springs has oodles of midmod vintage style, including Frank Sinatra's house, which you can tour. They have a Modernism Week in February that's incredibly popular and sells out way in advance.
  • Options
    We are going to be in Vegas for 1 week before the wedding and then 2 weeks later we're off to Bali & Austrailia.
  • Options
    We are in Vegas for five nights, then fly to New York for one night then leave for a twelve night Caribbean cruise before flying home from New York.
    We considered a road trip up the west coast but decided we'd rather wait 'til we had a couple of weeks to dedicate just to that and we also considered Mexico but the lack of direct flights was a bit annoying. Then we got this cruise through a travel agent recommended to us by my colleague and the price was amazing, plus the Caribbean was a place we'd love to visit but wouldn't be comfortable going on a normal hotel honeymoon to since we're a gay couple.
    I'm so excited to go on the big zipline in Labadee!
  • Options
    We went to excellence playa mujeres for six nights
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @cirena166‌ thank you for that feedback on Cali! I think we're going to go for it! I've been having envy of other peoples glamorous Caribbean and European honeymoons but I think something in driving distance and relaxing will be just what the doctor ordered. Well really be able to move at our own pace.
  • Options
    @rosebubbly there are so many choices within driving distance.  Plus you'll get to drive around with a "Just married " sign on your car for your trip.  That should be fun!

The Tues after the wedding, we're going home to Texas for 5 days (we'll miss our dog!) and then   Sunday we'll go on a cruise one week.  I'm very lucky to be able to take so much time off of work! 
    We had our dream wedding in Las Vegas - 11.29.2014
  • Options
    We are going on a Caribbean cruise for a week, and then spend the following week at Sandals in Jamaica- looking forward to it!
  • Options
    We are thinking about Costa Rica, but haven't booked anything yet! Also planning to wait a month or so after the wedding for the honeymoon.
  • Options
    Wow @azwildcat, you've got a great trip ahead of you!
  • Options

We're driving to LA for a few days after Vegas, then flying to Hawaii! Back to LA after Hawaii for another few days and to catch our flight back home to London.

Away for three weeks in total - can't wait!

• Options
    We're a ways away from the wedding yet so obviously things could change but right now we will spend a total of a week in Vegas before driving to Anaheim (Disneyland) for about 5 days. After that we will send the kids home and just the two of us will go to San Francisco or San Diego for a few days before heading home.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards