Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Removing ring tan lines?

I just got engaged, but we're not telling most family and friends until the custom ring comes in from the jeweler in a few weeks. I want my hand to look perfect for the big announcement, but I just took off a random ring I've been wearing on my middle finger to find a terrible tan line! Does anyone have any good ideas for evening out the line so it doesn't distract from my beautiful engagement ring? The only trick I've seen online is to apply self tanner with a paintbrush. Has anyone actually tried that, or know something else that works??

Re: Removing ring tan lines?

• Just leave the ring off from now on and don't worry about it. A tan line is not going to distract anyone from being happy for you for getting engaged.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • On an area that small I'd carefully fill it with self tanner on a q-tip!
  • You are way overthinking this. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I just got engaged, but we're not telling most family and friends until the custom ring comes in from the jeweler in a few weeks. I want my hand to look perfect for the big announcement, but I just took off a random ring I've been wearing on my middle finger to find a terrible tan line! Does anyone have any good ideas for evening out the line so it doesn't distract from my beautiful engagement ring? The only trick I've seen online is to apply self tanner with a paintbrush. Has anyone actually tried that, or know something else that works??

1st world problems.

But seriously, if you are that worried about it, use sone self tanning lotion on your finger.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I just got engaged, but we're not telling most family and friends until the custom ring comes in from the jeweler in a few weeks. I want my hand to look perfect for the big announcement, but I just took off a random ring I've been wearing on my middle finger to find a terrible tan line! Does anyone have any good ideas for evening out the line so it doesn't distract from my beautiful engagement ring? The only trick I've seen online is to apply self tanner with a paintbrush. Has anyone actually tried that, or know something else that works??
    1st world problems. But seriously, if you are that worried about it, use sone self tanning lotion on your finger.
    Every problem posted on TK is a 1st world problem :)
  • This is the opposite of a problem.  YOU JUST GOT ENGAGED.  
    There are so many (actual) problems you're going to run into with planning your wedding - this is not one of them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • I agree with the one poster who said just leave your one ring off. That finger will naturally tan when you are outside and even when you are driving. And even if it isn't a perfect blend, everyone will be so excited about the news and your ring, they won't notice a tan line on another finger.  Congrats on your engagement.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards