Pre-wedding Parties

Invite Wedding Coordinator to Rehearsal dinner?

My day of coordinator is going to be at the rehearsal, but I wonder if I could/should also invite her to the dinner afterwards. I thought it would be a good way to say thanks, and for her to learn who the bridal party are.

If so, can I just casually ask in an email with other business being discussed? I need an initial head count and list of guest for my FMiL soon so she can find an appropriate venue.

Re: Invite Wedding Coordinator to Rehearsal dinner?

• If you would like to invite her you can and it would be a nice gesture. Don't be surprised or offended if she says no...she doesn't have Fridays to herself as she works, so she might have plans or want to relax at home. Inviting her in an email would be fine, just be sure to give her a deadline to rsvp so you don't have to nag her for an answer.

You are under no obligation to invite her as she is attending the rehearsal as a paid vendor. GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• If you are paying her to help coordinate your rehearsal, you are not obligated to invite her (she is a vendor). You certainly can if you want to, though.
    *********************************************************************************

• It's not necessary to invite paid vendors such as your coordinator to your rehearsal dinner, but it's a kind gesture if you want to do it.
  • Agree with PPs.  FWIW, the DOC at our church is a friend of mine, so I invited her to the RD.  She declined because she had to work our wedding the next day and wanted the evening with her hubby.
  • at8408at8408 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks everyone for the responses. I appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards