Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

The rings

This is probably a dumb question (and I think I know the answer), but what do we do with the rings if we aren't having a ring bearer? Do the MOH and BM hold them? Are there other options?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: The rings

• Sure, your MOH and BM can hold them. We just kept ours in our pockets (yay, dress with pockets!).
  • H's BM held onto them. But your FI could hold onto them or you could even give them to your officiant before the ceremony to hold on to as well. You could wear his ring on your thumb and he could wear yours on his pinkie. Your MOH could hold them. You could have set of parents hold a ring. There is a variety of options.

• We didn't have a RB and our BM held onto them.
    *********************************************************************************

• I told Fi that I want to hold onto his ring and I expect him (or anyone that he chooses, I don't really care who specifically does it) to hold onto mine.
  • Most ring bearers do not actually carry the real rings.  The pillow has symbolic rings tied to it, and the ring bearer's job is purely ceremonial.  The Best Man holds the rings.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Our officiant held onto our rings.  He actually stuck them on one of his fingers in the order he needed to give them to us, so he'd give the correct ring to the correct person.
  • CMGragain said:
    Most ring bearers do not actually carry the real rings.  The pillow has symbolic rings tied to it, and the ring bearer's job is purely ceremonial.  The Best Man holds the rings.
    Our ring bearer carried the rings on the pillow. 

In weddings I've been to without a ring bearer, the best man kept the rings. It is easier for the best man, since he isn't carrying anything, to hand the rings over. The MOH usually holds the bride's bouquet during the ceremony. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards