Wedding Etiquette Forum

Menu Selection on Wedding Invitations....

So I am not really sure what information is to be all included on a wedding invitation and I need help! There will probably be about 50 guests at our wedding and some families will have kids. For the adults there will be two dinner options (chicken or tortellini) and there are other options for kids (like chicken tenders, grilled cheese, etc). In order to know who will be having what meal, do I put the options on the wedding invitation and if I do, how would I word it on the invitation?

Any help would be great... thanks!

Re: Menu Selection on Wedding Invitations....

• April192002April192002 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited July 2014
    That goes on the RSVP card! There are several options as far as wording/setup goes - google it!" RSVP with meal options"
  • So I send a different card for an RSVP and another card as an invitation?
  • jnrsgirljnrsgirl member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    The invitation is the initial card that lists the time, date, and place (along with some other info). The RSVP is a separate note or card that the guests returns to you to inform you of whether or not they will be attending. Meal selections are traditionally included on the RSVP.

ETA grammar
  • The RSVP card is an insert inside/with the invitation that they mail back indicating who will be attending and what their menu selections are, if you put that sort of information on the card.  Invitations generally are multiple items together in the same envelope - hence why they are expensive and generally require more postage.  Most standard wedding invites these days include the invitation itself with the basic info (who, what, when, where), an RSVP return card with a pre-paid (by you) envelope you mail back to you their response and meal selections, and sometimes other inserts like maps to the wedding location and lodging options if you have a hotel block reserved.  If you are not having them respond by mailing back that card, you'll still want the RSVP/menu information on an insert rather than on the invitation itself.

Google wedding invitations or just start looking at some on The Knot and you'll see what we mean. 
  • So I send a different card for an RSVP and another card as an invitation?
    Send your invitation and include an rsvp card for guest invited.

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    So, the way I've seen it on the RSVP card that makes the most sense has always been something along the lines of: Please initial below to indicate meal preferences followed by the choices and space to initial them. That way, you know who is having what. Are you going to offer all of the kids the same thing or give them a variety of choices? I'd check to make sure that your venue/caterer doesn't charge extra for multiple kids menu choices. I'd also be sure to indicate that the kid's meals are for kids 10 and under (or whatever the cut off is), because I know a handful of adults who would order chicken fingers and venues can be a bit weird about that. 

I agree with other PPs about needing an invite card and an RSVP card. I keep the invites on the fridge to make sure I remember the wheres and whens of everything. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards