Not Engaged Yet
Options

Help me choose a ring setting!

2»

Re: Help me choose a ring setting!

• Options
    I'm late to the game - I like the 'simple' band better.  Maybe it's because it's closer to what I have.

If you LOVE the original though, I really think you should consider it though.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm with @BreMR and @Dignity100 - If you love the original, you can afford it and your FI is on board with it, I would go with that one.  You will be looking at this ring for the rest of your life.  If the ring is a little pricey, can you cut back on another area of the wedding you care less about?  H and I ranked all the wedding costs in terms of importance and that helped prioritize costs.
  • Options
    I'm late to the party. Overall I prefer the first setting better. But there are other things to factor into the decision, like the size of the ring on your hand etc. What's the cost difference in the 2 (or 3 really) bands? I do think the first one is closer in design to your original design. 

If it's not a big difference in cost, I'd go with the 1st one, or your original design. But if you can save a lot of money (and budget seems to be a priority with your FI), then I'd go with the 2nd band and bling up your wedding band a little more. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    minskat30 said:
    I'm with @BreMR and @Dignity100 - If you love the original, you can afford it and your FI is on board with it, I would go with that one.  You will be looking at this ring for the rest of your life.  If the ring is a little pricey, can you cut back on another area of the wedding you care less about?  H and I ranked all the wedding costs in terms of importance and that helped prioritize costs.
    You could always just get a plain wedding band for your ring for now and then later upgrade the wedding band to have diamonds (if you were originally considering a diamond band) to help out on costs.

FI and I separated the cost of our rings out from the wedding when we were doing our budget.  We figured rings were a little different because they would last beyond 1 day and really shouldn't be lumped with food or floral (at least in our minds). 

Anniversary
  • Options
    joy14bwjoy14bw member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    I like the simple band.

I wish I had tiny fingers! That rock looks huge!!
  • Options
    @es14bw LOL I've never had someone say they wished they had tiny fingers like mine. I seriously have the hands of a 5 year old. I worked at a sporting goods store in high school, and I figured out that the Youth Small batting gloves fit me. Anytime a parent came in with their itty bitty t-ball player and wanted to buy them batting gloves (so unnecessary, btw), I'd always have the kid hold their hand up to mine to figure out if they would fit in any of the gloves. :-P 

My friends in high school referred to my fingers as "baby carrots." Not sure why since I'm ghostly white, but they all thought it was hilarious. 

• Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I have a ring that looks very similar to your second option (plain band) with rubies on the sides of the diamond. Just went to pick out wedding bands and picked one very similar to the first setting's band--little diamonds all along the top with milgrain border--and I LOVE how it looks, both next to the engagement ring (it adds just enough bling without detracting from the big stone) AND alone on my right hand if I want to wear it that way. So I think you made the right decision!
  • Options
    @camillechat That sounds lovely! Would you mind posting a pic? I'd love to see your full set.

• Options
    I think you made the right choice with the plain. We went with diamonds in my band as my three stones are smaller - sapphires are .33 and the diamond .37. We wanted more to the ring, and I loved the channel set diamond settings I tried on. I then went with a plain white gold band. I think having a plain band for your engagement ring and then perhaps a diamond wedding band will look lovely!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @kaitlynmichelle‌ thanks! I'm feeling much more confident with my ring choice. Your ring is beautiful! Your set sounds stunning together.

• Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    That is SO pretty @kaitlynmichelle!!! 
  • Options
    BreMR said:

That is SO pretty @kaitlynmichelle!!! 

Thanks @BreMR‌ :) Can't wait to wear them both!

@eilis1228‌ What I had planned was to get a 3/4 eternity band so that you would see diamonds and they would go a bit past my closed fingers - like my engagement ring does here. I didn't want a full eternity (and it would be cheaper). The plain band just looked better with my current ring.

Also I can't wait to see pictures of your purple sapphires as that was what I almost got. Your ring will be amazing!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards