Attire & Accessories Forum

Bridesmaid dress match exactly the groomsmen?

I have one female BM and one male brides man in my wedding party. He's wearing the same as the grooms men (ivory vests and viola ties). My female BM couldn't find a dress in her size that matched the men's ties exactly, and now it's too late to order one made. She found a dress that fit her, but the shade is off.  Not by much, but it's a more reddish violet as opposed to the bluer viola of the men's ties. By the way, my dress is ivory with a bright red train. She'll be standing between me (in ivory and red) and my male brides man in the viola ties. Do you ladies think it will look okay of the purples are off? 

Re: Bridesmaid dress match exactly the groomsmen?

• It should be fine, since the vest will provide some separation so the colors aren't right next to each other. Can we see pictures?

• I don't think it matters at all if her dress doesn't match their ties. Often, I think BM/GMs who are too matchy matchy look like set up prom dates
    *********************************************************************************

• I generally like some shade differences, since I hate the matchy matchy look. I think you're over thinking this.
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I think it'll look fine. 
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    I think it will look fine.  Kind of an example:
    Linen suits and purple dresses with pockets!  wedding apparel,groomsmen, bridesmaidsBut if you are still worried, then maybe she could find a dress that is the colour of the suit itself (ie. black); example:
    Or one of the other colours that you are using the wedding decor, etc.; examples:
    imageimage
  • I didn't look at the groomsmen ties until 3 days before our wedding. They were supposed to be royal blue, like the BM's dresses were.

I still have no clue if they matched perfectly or were a bit off. No one will notice or care.
  • I don't think it will matter ion the slightest that it's a shade off. However, we're having the GMs ties in one colour, and my BMs dresses and my bridesman's tie in another colour, which could also be an option.
  • Most of the groomsladies I have seen simply wore black to match the tuxedos, or grey to match the suits.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Thanks, everyone! I know I'm just stressing cause the day is getting closer and closer and there's so much to do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards