November 2014 Weddings

New Here - Pregnant Bride

Hello everyone!

I'm new to The Knot, but was formerly very active on The Bump. I am getting married November 15. I am pregnant with baby #3, will be 8 months along on the big day (my oldest is 5, and my youngest is 10 months, at this time).

I will be jumping in, but wanted to introduce myself. Let the wedding planning fun begin!

I'm planning to add some "nontraditional" elements to my big day, including having my children participate in some way other than being a flower girl and ring bearer. Anyone have any tips or ideas?

TIA!

Re: New Here - Pregnant Bride

• Welcome, and congratulations on your wedding and baby!

It's way too early for me to be awake, and I can't go back to sleep, so I can't think too much right now. What are the gender of your two kids?

• Congrats on your baby and your engagement! Welcome fellow November bride :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited July 2014

Welcome, and congratulations on your wedding and baby!

It's way too early for me to be awake, and I can't go back to sleep, so I can't think too much right now. What are the gender of your two kids?

Thank you, @april192002 My oldest is a girl, and the youngest is a boy. I find out what this new baby is next week.
  • Congrats on your baby and your engagement! Welcome fellow November bride :)

Thank you!
  • Welcome and congratulations on all counts! What an exciting time for you!!!

FI has two children (daughter 10, son 7) and they are walking FI down the aisle and will stand with us (and the bridal party) at the ceremony.  At 10 months now (around 14 months in November) I realize that might be a tall order (we'll be lucky if our 2 year old ring bearer keeps his pants on lol). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think involving your boy will be difficult because of his age and flower girl would be very appropriate for your girl. I've tried thinking about how to involve your kids in a different way but I can't come up with anything, as there aren't really that many roles in a wedding. If I had younger kids I would probably have them draw/color in the wedding colors and use it as a background for wedding programs, or similar, so I could share their lovely artwork with all of my guests and have it even more meaningful.

@CTYankeeBride LOL!!! Good luck with the pants! Maybe suspenders?!?

I have a family of boys. Mine just turned 12 and FI's is about to turn 13 and just turned 10. The only "good" one is the 10 year old but he's a little whiney so none of them are going to be IN the wedding. I've suggested that my son walk me down the aisle (which might actually happen if my dad is the officiant) but FI's a little against it because it's kind of abnormal, though not unheard of. I suggested the boys be our wedding party but we know that they won't stand still so asking them to stand up there with us is out of the question. I actually have to create a rule, during the ceremony, for our boys of no electronics! The 13 year old has Asperger's and it totally into video games and youtube (we can't even go to a restaurant without him having his electronics and no one but me seems to care...and we're constantly having to tell him to turn down the volume or stop playing/watching whatever and eat). My son hates sitting still but he's pretty good for important things, and knows that he'll get in DEEP trouble if he screws up (and I can hang Christmas over his head for him to be good - I took away his birthday party this year because of his grades so he knows I'm serious). The 10 year old is diabetic and doesn't like sitting still if he's not in front of the TV, but doesn't like walking/standing either, but if we tell him what's expected of him then he'll do his best to comply, which is why he's "the good one."

• Welcome and congratulations on all counts! What an exciting time for you!!!

FI has two children (daughter 10, son 7) and they are walking FI down the aisle and will stand with us (and the bridal party) at the ceremony.  At 10 months now (around 14 months in November) I realize that might be a tall order (we'll be lucky if our 2 year old ring bearer keeps his pants on lol). 
    Haha I understand! He might have to sit in the audience with someone, because I doubt he'll stay quiet if he's up front with us.
  • I think involving your boy will be difficult because of his age and flower girl would be very appropriate for your girl. I've tried thinking about how to involve your kids in a different way but I can't come up with anything, as there aren't really that many roles in a wedding. If I had younger kids I would probably have them draw/color in the wedding colors and use it as a background for wedding programs, or similar, so I could share their lovely artwork with all of my guests and have it even more meaningful.

@CTYankeeBride LOL!!! Good luck with the pants! Maybe suspenders?!?

I have a family of boys. Mine just turned 12 and FI's is about to turn 13 and just turned 10. The only "good" one is the 10 year old but he's a little whiney so none of them are going to be IN the wedding. I've suggested that my son walk me down the aisle (which might actually happen if my dad is the officiant) but FI's a little against it because it's kind of abnormal, though not unheard of. I suggested the boys be our wedding party but we know that they won't stand still so asking them to stand up there with us is out of the question. I actually have to create a rule, during the ceremony, for our boys of no electronics! The 13 year old has Asperger's and it totally into video games and youtube (we can't even go to a restaurant without him having his electronics and no one but me seems to care...and we're constantly having to tell him to turn down the volume or stop playing/watching whatever and eat). My son hates sitting still but he's pretty good for important things, and knows that he'll get in DEEP trouble if he screws up (and I can hang Christmas over his head for him to be good - I took away his birthday party this year because of his grades so he knows I'm serious). The 10 year old is diabetic and doesn't like sitting still if he's not in front of the TV, but doesn't like walking/standing either, but if we tell him what's expected of him then he'll do his best to comply, which is why he's "the good one."

Thank you for the ideas!

Hopefully your sons are willing to do whatever roles you determine for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards