Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bridesmaids with different dresses

2»

Re: Bridesmaids with different dresses

• Options
    I might be in the minority, but I don't like matching dresses at all. When I see photos, to me it looks like the girls are in a uniform. I went to the hardware store and picked up paint chips of different shades of pink that all looked good together and mailed each girl 3 or 4 different paint chips. All I requested is that they find a floor-length dress close to one of those colors, and any fabric except satin. They're all so different, with such awesome personalities and such unique amazing style that I wanted them to pick exactly their own thing that fits their budget. The less they match, the better. I also varied the shades, so the MOH will have the palest shade of pink while the girl on the end will have a darker shade (like a rose pink) so they will look sort of ombre when they're all standing together. I told them to knock themselves out accessorizing however they want too. They should feel beautiful, even though it's not "their day." I can't wait to see each of their styles all put together!
  • Options
    Doing different outfits (two are wearing pants suits) in various shades.  They will pick their own shoes.  I think it will work out just fine.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Options
    I originally was having my bridesmaids do the same thing, but then I ran across some "transformer dresses" on sale on ideeli.com. My girls still didn't have to pay much for the dresses and can decide how they want to wear the top!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards