Flowers
Options

Budget for flowers

Can someone help me with some feedback on cost of flowers? It will be 9 bouquets, boutonnieres , corsages, and centerpieces for 18 tables. I've gotten 3 quotes all for $3500-4500 but I'm struggling to get my fiancé's buy in as he thinks it's a little ridiculous. Is this normal? I'm sure it would be cheaper if I did it myself, but I don't really have time for that.

Re: Budget for flowers

• Options
    caitlinmcacaitlinmca member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    We are using a local florist, but what is special with this florist is that you actually do DIY on the premise itself where you come in a day or two before your wedding with a few girls and put together your flowers with a DIY coach that works at the florist. If you don't like that option, they can do it all for you though. We are doing the DIY option, and this is what we are getting, if it helps:

Bridal Bouquet –Consisting of 2 dozen “vendela” ivory roses and 8 stems yellow mini calla lilies. Stems will be wrapped in “bridal white” satin ribbon. Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Cost: $115

Toss Bouquet –Consisting of corresponding flowers, wrapped in satin ribbon. DIY Cost: $15

Bridesmaid Bouquets x 3 – Each with 1 dozen mixed “vendela” ivory (8 stems) and yellow (4 stems) roses and 3 stems yellow ranunculus. Stems will be wrapped in “bridal white” satin ribbon. DIY Cost: $140 (Cost for all bouquets includes provided ribbon & vases, which are yours to keep after the wedding.)

Women's Corsages-3 Mothers (Wrist), 2 Grandmothers (Pin-On) Corsages – Each consisting of white majolica spray roses with accents of big bloom babies’ breath and a “daffodil” bow. (Cost includes provided ribbon/bows for corsages)

Mens Bouts: Groom’s Boutonniere –Consisting of 1 yellow mini calla lily with accents of green hypericum berries and Italian ruscus.

3 Groomsmen, 2 Fathers, 1 Grandfather, 1 Minister –Each with a full-size yellow rose and accents of green hypericum berries & Italian ruscus. Total DIY Cost for All Boutonnieres and Corsages: $141

Centerpieces x 5 –Each table will have a cluster of 3 vases provided by the bride, in 3 different sizes (small, medium & large).

Each Small Vases: With 2 stems white mini calla lilies submerged underwater with stones/gems at the bottom of the vase.

Each Medium Vase: With 3 stems “vendela” ivory roses submerged underwater with stones/gems at the bottom of the vase.

Each Large Vase: With 3 stems white snapdragons submerged underwater with stones/gems at the bottom of the vase. DIY Cost $30 per table x 5: $150

Head Table –(Using bridal party bouquets to decorate the head table.) DIY Cost: $0

Our total was $603.08 with tax. It will be roughly in the $700's with delivery and set up.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards