Honeymoon Discussions

Tasting Menus & Shows in Vegas!

Although not a honeymoon, we are headed to Vegas in October to celebrate our 1-year anniversary and to get a much needed vacation after crazy time at work. While there, we are going to be taking a day trip out to the Hoover Dam, but I also wanted to go to a show and do a tasting menu (food and wine pairing) at a nice restaurant.  I've started my research and thought I'd reach out to the board for some recommendations:

Show - Right now I'm looking to choose between the following: Cirque de Soleil - La Reve, Cirque de Soleil - Mystere or the Blue Man Group. Would love to hear people's opinions as well as experiences/recommendations on where to get the cheapest tickets!

Tasting Menu - This is kind of my and DH's thing - so we are looking to do this on our actual anniversary. For those who are unfamiliar - it is essentially a 4 - 7 course meal (smaller portions) with wine pairing. With my preliminary research, I've come up with the following: Bartolotta Di Mare, Rick Moonen RM Seafood, Top of the World - Stratosphere and Alize.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and recommendations!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tasting Menus & Shows in Vegas!

• I just went to Blue Man Group in Vegas in May and we LOVED it. We got tickets online on the Monte Carlo website for about $100 each which claimed it was 30% off but I'm pretty sure that's always the price and the discount is just for marketing purposes. We sat front row center and were really worried about the ponchos and mess factor but it was totally amazing and we didn't get anything on us. Although some things would have looked cooler from further back.

I haven't seen those Cirque du Soliel's but I did see the one for the Beatles and oh my God, it was worth every penny of the $145. It was so fantastic. So I can't imagine another show by them would be bad. "O" gets the best reviews online though (check trip advisor).

We didn't do any tastings but we did go to Hoover Dam. Leave very early (like 8am) if you're going on a weekend. Traffic gets backed up but you'd be ok later on a weekday. Do not pay for parking- I have no idea why they have pay lots when there is free parking once you cross the dam. It's literally right there overlooking the dam once you drive over it.

• MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2014
    We were married in Vegas four years ago and had our wedding dinner at Top of the World. We had a great dinner there but not sure if the menu or quality is the same. We had the multi course tasting. I remember it including lobster tail, filet but don't remember what else we had. Sorry.

We saw the Beatles Love show and thoroughly enjoyed. We were able to get last minute tickets at a discount and still had great seats. Really fun time!

Have fun!

ETA: The view from Top of the World was incredible. 
  • The Wynn currently has a dinner and show deal... I know Allegro is one of the restaurants and it has a tasting menu.. And Le Reve is the show. Bartolotta, we've never been but I can't imagine any restaurant at the Wynn would be disappointing. We just stayed there for a mini staycation and just love everything about the property. We did the tasting menu at Mix at Mandalay (new ownership is taking over so the name may change) and it was AMAZING. Incredible food and beautiful views. I've eaten at RM Seafood, not the tasting menu, but it was delicious. I don't think you can go wrong with any of your preliminary choices!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just saw this and thought of you- Alize at the Palms is offering a 5 course dinner tasting for 50% off on TravelZoo.com  

• Thanks @jenna8984 that is awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Alize is totally worth it.
  • I recommend Cirque de Soleil O and a tasting menu at Picasso in the Bellagio!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards