November 2014 Weddings

Dresses? Shoes? Veil?

2»

Re: Dresses? Shoes? Veil?

• I am doing my own makeup and decided on a bit of gold.  I put the makeup on at 11:30am and washed it off at 9:15pm and it held up really well!  (I think I'll tone down my eyebrows though, yikes.)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm happy to say I have all my attire paid for (just waiting forthe stole and hairpiece to come) FI tux is all paid for and here, and my son's attire is all paid for and here.
    My daughters dress however I'm not sure it'll fit so we may be going to the store in november to purchase a christening dress (it's the fanciest dress i can find in her size)..well see.
  • I know I'm super late to this thread, but since I'm in the middle of my fittings (our wedding is 11/15), I'm more obsessed with my dress now than ever! Here are some pics of my dress and shoes. I'm really tall and didn't want to pay $ for extra length so I opted for short comfy heels :)imageimageimageimage
  • And apparently my phone doesn't know how to upload pictures, sorry about the overload!
  • The back on that dress is stunning!  

ETA: You might want to change your screen name.  It's pretty easy to find your registry and the name of your FI.

• Ah! Thanks, it's not terribly original but I guess it works :)
  • Yowza, that dress is stunning!  You look great.
  • jaime232jaime232 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Random--I can't look at page 1 of this post (I'm on my work computer) because apparently the system flagged something as "swimsuit/lingerie" LOL.  I can't remember if I ever posted on it.

I want to join in though--I'm wearing the Casablanca 1992.  I'll include pics of the actual wedding after the fact!  I attached someone else wearing it.. LOL.  I have pics of me from a fitting but it's such a hassle to get them from my phone to work computer.  Shoes are attached as well... I love them and they are wonderful.. fairly comfortable.  I still might swap later in the night to a tall flip flop if that's even possible.

ETA-just realized that girl in the shoe pic has two different shoes on.  It's the closest one.
  • Let's blame April.  She posted a link of the lingerie she's going to wear ;)

That dress is gorgeous.  All of us have such great taste!  What kind of shoes are those?

I will post pics of my dress (me in it, I mean) in a couple of days.  FI had his suit fitting and he looked damn good.

• Totally my fault. Kinda funny that THAT would flag it but I get the title/embedding.
  • LOL so funny.  Oh well, maybe it's a lesson not to surf the Knot at work??

The shoes are Gianni Bini, it's like a Dillards brand or something?  I generally do well with height as long as the shoe has a lot of support over the top and no straps that dig in.. so these seem to be okay.

Can't wait to see more pics!  November is tomorow?!?!
  • jaime232 said:
    LOL so funny.  Oh well, maybe it's a lesson not to surf the Knot at work??

The shoes are Gianni Bini, it's like a Dillards brand or something?  I generally do well with height as long as the shoe has a lot of support over the top and no straps that dig in.. so these seem to be okay.

Can't wait to see more pics!  November is tomorow?!?!
    RIGHT?!?!?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Guys...I'm a tad sad. I had my final fitting and with my heels on i feel my dress may be a tad to short now :/
  • ...but then we get to see your shoes!

Also, yeah, November is tomorrow.  How the heck did that happen?

• edited October 2014
    Guys...I'm a tad sad. I had my final fitting and with my heels on i feel my dress may be a tad to short now :/
    Better to show off your fabulous shoes!

ETA:  I'm really happy that I got great shoes because you can totally see them when I walk.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been looking for the pic for a while now.. I've really wanted to AW my shoes! (And sorry if I already have.. sometimes I have the memory of a goldfish :( )

I'm trying to figure out what to bring if (when) I want to change out of my heels.  I found a pair of really cute eyelet/lace keds at Kohl's that would be super cute.. but I'm sick of bleeding money, at the moment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Girl... I hear ya.  I was thinking I'd get a tall pair of sandals.. I can't find them anywhere in person.  I think they were popular when like the Spice Girls were popular.  I also just don't want to spend any more moooneeeyyy ugh.
  • @jaime232

I hear you.  I'm so sick of spending money.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm done spending money on my wedding (other than what I still have to pay for that's budgeted). I'm starting to focus on Christmas. 4 parents, 4 siblings, 3 kids, 2 niece/nephew, and each other...all in just under a month from the wedding.
  • My focus has shifted to Christmas too.  I don't feel like spending money anymore.  I'm so tired!!  lol

• Hikebikebemerry- I love those shoes!

I have to say...I'm glad my dress was shorter. Even though I felt you could see my shoes and it didn't hang right ect i was able to walk relatively with ease, I stepped on my dress twice but that was it. My shoes were surprisingly not bad, they hurt a little and I guess they rubbed a little but otherwise not a big issue. I wasnt thrilled with my shoes butwhile taking pics i found that I started liking them again...also...the fur stole i picked out...AWESOME! It went very well with my dress and my brooch bouquet :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards