Snarky Brides
Options

So this could be a PPD.... And an Update in Comments

...And I never thought I would know someone to actually do this!

I am friends with a coworker who was getting married in September.  Dress is ordered, catering tasted, shoes purchased, decor at the ready, invites sent and RSVP's coming back on time with proper follow ups.  This was on track to be a lovely wedding (I wasn't invited to be clear, we were just 2 brides that formed a friendship based on upcoming weddings).  

Now today I log into facebook and see it says she is married.  Confused, I thought maybe she was just an uber excited bride and wanted to update her last name early or something...  But no, she made mention of thanking people for putting this together so quickly due to grandma's illness.  So I get why the wedding was bumped up because she cares about her grandma so much!

I just hope her September party does not turn into a PPD, but her mother just wrote "The big shindig or 2nd wedding will still take place and in no way be of any less importance and we still hope all will be able to attend."  So which is it?  A shin dig or a PPD?  I am just wondering aloud at this point.  I must say though, I was very shocked to see that one my feed today after getting home from Menchies.

I see her tomorrow, so we will chat about it for sure and we will get all caught up.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: So this could be a PPD.... And an Update in Comments

• Options
    If there is a re-do ceremony, it is a PPD.  If they skip the ceremony and just have a party, then it is OK, but wedding traditions should not be done.  She really shouldn't wear her wedding dress, but - eh.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    At least they are being honest to their FB friends.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    CMGragain said:
    If there is a re-do ceremony, it is a PPD.  If they skip the ceremony and just have a party, then it is OK, but wedding traditions should not be done.  She really shouldn't wear her wedding dress, but - eh.
    Im hoping they skip the ceremony and have a hell of a party.

• Options
    syoun1nj said:
    I honestly don't care if they want to wear the dress again...get 2 wears out of it, go 'head, stuff. It's the pretend vows that *really* irritate me. And lying. She isn't lying so that's good. Hopefully she just has an awesome party!!
    Actually, I'm not sure she got to wear her wedding dress.  Her pictures aren't clear and I can't tell.  This dress is short and I swear she told me she got a long one.  

She's over the moon happy, which is a good sign, because PPD'ers would insist this wedding wasn't real and didn't count, and she isn't acting like that.  I will urge her to cancel the officiant ^_^.

ETA: Minor scandal.  She told one of the girls I work with she couldn't make it to work due to a family emergency (which is possible because of her grandma..) but she posted pics on facebook of their hotel suite in Niagara falls.  Awkward.

• Options
    So I spoke with the new wife today and she explained a few things:

Everyone already knows what happened.  They are doing a few vows on their upcoming Reception date and she described it as a 'ceremony of sorts' but she isn't lying to anyone and is very open that she did this because her grandmother is dying of a rapidly progressing cancer.  Grandma was holding out for the September ceremony but when her condition worsened my friend decided to move her wedding up a bit.

• Options
    I'm glad to hear that it isn't a total PPD, if one at all. Being completely honest and open with your guests does make it better...and that sucks about her Grandma! It sounds like she is an important person in her life and it's nice that your friend got to share that special moment with her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards