Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Cosmo Wraparound Reception Suite pricing

So the wedding people at Cosmo got back to me about hiring Suite #3678 which is the "Reception Suite". 

They quoted me $350 per hour rental and a minimum spend of $80 per head... way too much for me, and they totally missed my point about only wanting it for "after-dinner" drinks after spending a few thousand dollars on dinner at The Wicked Spoon (in THEIR hotel!).  

Anyway, Ive attached the files... if you are interested.

Ill just be calling them and booking the Wrap around terrace, and bringing my own drinks!

Ok - so looks like I cant attach the files. If you want them, please email me at samara_matthews (at) Hotmail dot com.

Re: Cosmo Wraparound Reception Suite pricing

• Options
    Yep...overpriced and delusional for a ceremony. Although...maybe someone does pay it so perhaps they're not delusional after all. Lol!!!
  • Options
    We are choosing to get married on the terrace of the wrap around suite.. I know it will be a little small and im not sure what the noise level will be depending on the floor we get.. so i asked about the wedding suite they are now offering and i was told minimum 2,000.. so we will just stick with the terrace :)
  • Options
    @irishvegas‌ how many people will you have? We got married on the terrace of a wrap around and had 14 people, including the officiant and photographer. It was lovely but because the space is small all of our photographs of the ceremony are from one angle. We have great pictures of me putting my husbands ring on him but none of him putting mine on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    30-40 people were guessing as of now. Who was your photographer? I figured that may happen with the way the balcony squares off at the top. Were going to get some pictures before the wedding around the cosmopolitan hotel, the fountains, and paris i believe. So hopefully with all of these we will have several nice pictures. @shoebunnie Do you have any pictures you could send me at all? I can't find a single wedding picture on the wrap around from anyone! -message me if you want my e-mail, thanks so much!
  • Options
    @irishvegas send me your email and I will go through my pictures tonight. We used Dale with Keith Kaplan. He was very nice to work with but we had some miscommunication about what my expectations were for the pictures. Needless to say I'm disappointed with them but there are a few nice ones. I think 30-40 people would be too many to host the ceremony comfortably on the balcony. In the room it would be tight but manageable just depending on if y'all wanted to dance and if you had extra seating. The suite has seating for about 14 people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Ive started 2 threads about the wraparound terrace, and Ive just posted this on the other one.. but will put here too... @shoebunnie... can you give me your input?

interestingly... I just received an email from the wedding coordinator at the Cosmo (who I requested the premium booking through) asking how many people I would be having in there because it only holds 12-15 people!!! Do you think she is trying to get me to admit im having a "party" in there so she can decline my booking.... or kick me out on the night?!?!?! little nervous now!

Im not worried about her saying it fits 12-15 people - as clearly everyone here thinks 40 people will fit!

• Options
    There is seating for that many people. We did not bring extra seating up because of the size of our party but for as many people as you are expecting I would consider a few high tops to put on the balcony. Friday evening the meet and greet relocated to our room which was over the boulevard pool (Foster the People was playing) and we ordered room service. They did ask how many people were being served but it was only to ensure enough plates were brought up with the pizza. In general I would be leery about booking the suite through the coordinator if I was not having my ceremony in their wedding suite.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

i wish i hadn't contacted them now! I only did because I wanted to book a premium room to ensure a great view.... and you cant do that online.

irishvegas gave me a phone number, maybe I should just call them to book it. and tell her im not having it there.

She should be nice to me... we are having our dinner in the private dining room at the Wicked Spoon.. so we are still spending money with them!

• Options
    @AustralianSam Do you mind sharing how much you are paying for Wicked Spoon and how long you are having the room? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @australiamsam I highly doubt she would check in to cause issues the day of if you said so.. but i would just not admit to anything? Just in case.
  • Options
    @AustralianSam Do you mind sharing how much you are paying for Wicked Spoon and how long you are having the room? 
    ------
    I got a 40 person minimum on sunday brunch @ $35pp + $12pp for unlimited mimosas (chargeable to all of-age guests, whether they drink or not)

+ 21% service fee + 8.1% sales tax

we have the room for 2 hours. 
  • Options
    For Wicked Spoon I was just quoted $41/person Christmas week (on a Tuesday even).  That price was without alcohol AND in the main dining room.  bleh
  • Options
    Yea I think that is the general price to get in. I am surprised that they wouldn't lower it though during slower times. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hmgiffor said:
    Yea I think that is the general price to get in. I am surprised that they wouldn't lower it though during slower times. 
    that's cuz you're getting married and they know you (us) will pay it. 
  • Options
    They actually don't know I'm getting married.  I just asked for a group rate.  
  • Options
    You should've seen the obscene prices they quoted me in wicked spoon on thanksgiving weekend!! Highway robbery for the minimum. They claimed for a long time the room wasn't available and then when I called and got someone different they quoted me a 10k f&b minimum. At their prices that's not even possible for 40 people!!! They must be packaging gold in that room on thanksgiving weekend! Lol!
  • Options
    we have decided to book the room in my mums name, using her credit card, as she will need to check in and set it up anyway... so hopefully that will put them off the scent! hehehe. I am paying a $2000 minimum spend on the dining room at WS - for 2 hours only - then $500 per hour after that!!! It does say "$2000++" does that mean $2000 plus the taxes? So it would actually be $2582??? Oh dear.... if that's the case Im in trouble!
  • Options
    It is $2000 plus tax (8.1%) and 21% gratuity!!! That ++ is totally throwing me off...just want to make lots of money! What if we get crappy service and I don't want to tip 21%?!?

See I wouldn't mind the $500 per hour after 2 hours but they raised the price pp which pisses me off. We will certainly exceed the $3500 minimum (even if it was $4000 with the extra hour). We are have 50-60 people so it is already $7000 ish. I was just mad that she quoted me one thing (even after telling her I would like the room for 3 hours) and then when I asked for a formal proposal with tax and gratuity included, the price was raised and she didn't even provide me a formal proposal. It just said $51++ and $60++ for drinks...LAME!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, the tax and service charge is not immaterial and you should definitely be aware.

that said, I'm pretty sure anywhere where you book a private room will be the same situation (I think mon ami gabi is 18% instead of 21%, big whoop).  Can't escape taxes...
  • Options
    Who are you working with at ws? Danielle?
  • Options

No, ive been emailing Rose. I have emailed her to clarify if the taxes are included in the minimum spend or on top of.

So the price per person is just under $50 per head including the taxes. I have 38 people coming, making it $1900 including taxes.

Not including taxes, its $1444 for food plus drinks, which should put us around the $2000 including drinks.

This tax thing Is really confusing me now! I must say it is my least favourite part of travelling to the US... I see the price, of something, stand there for 10 mins working out which coin is which and getting the right amount of money together, only to get to the check out to be told a different amount! I always end up paying with a note so Im not holding people up.... and leaving with ANOTHER handful of coins!!! Stupid tourist!

• Options

Sorry... why im confused is... does it actually mean I have to spend $2500??? (adding the tax on top) Does that make sense?

Im asking, because that's a LOT for us at this stage, and if that's the case, we will cancel the private dining....

• Options
    Yea the tax and gratuity is everywhere. The lowest I have seen is 20% and the highest is 22%. That's why I have liked getting the proposals with it all included so I know EXACTLY what I am working with. 

I am working with Rose. She was really great until recently...maybe she's annoyed with me haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Rose is on vacation July 23rd – July 30th.  I was talking to her about using the wicked spoon too but I was quoted $54 without alcohol! They really do jack up their prices for groups.  
    We had our dream wedding in Las Vegas - 11.29.2014
  • Options
    Kelly gave me my quote.  It's interesting how all of our quotes are a little different.  I wasn't given a minimum, but I wonder if that will change if I specifically ask to book a private room.
  • Options
    @AustralianSam..so for minimums (mostly anywhere) you have to meet that in food and beverage ONLY not including tax and gratuity. For example, if the minimum is $2500, you have to spend $2500 and THEN ADD tax and gratuity on top of that $2500. For example, if food is $41pp and you have 38 people then you are only spending $1558 which does not meet the minimum. To meet the minimum for private dining, you would have to add on drinks or more people to get to $2500. Once you hit $2500 then add on gratuity ($525) and tax ($202.50) which will bring your grand total to around $3,227. 

Hope that makes sense! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was working with Danielle at WS and the price she quoted me changed three times! Then when I called and got someone else it was a 4th price. They charge more on holidays and big event weekends.
  • Options
    thanks @hmgiffor .... it makes more sense now! For 21% tip, they better be providing excellent service! Theres another $500 to find in the budget :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards