New Jersey
Options

Searching DJ's... Recommendations?

Anyone have awesome DJ's you can recommend???

Re: Searching DJ's... Recommendations?

• Options
    We used Ambient DJ's they are based out of Mercer county.  They were amazing! We had our DJ uplighting and photobooth through them and the cost was very reasonable.  The photobooth was great, the uplighting looked amazing and most importantly our DJ was great and definitely set the tone for the type of reception we wanted.  We booked them after they had done our friends' wedding two year earlier.

Anniversary

• Options
    Posh Entertainment!  Lil Cee was great to work with such a nice humble guy.  Not what I was expecting when meeting with a celebrity DJ.  He kept the dance floor packed all night and the rest of his team was awesome!  I can't recommend them enough.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I ditto Posh! We are using Mikey B who owns the company with Lil Cee and he is amazing. They have been so easy to work with and are totally accommodating with most requests. They give you an awesome planning website to utilize which has been super helpful so far since as we think if songs we want played we can add them to the list. They were not out of the ballpark price wise either which shocked me since you are getting so much. They are providing a live pianist for me for cocktail hour as well. I would highly recommend them!
  • Options
    I used Chuck Russo; he's awesome. H and I had been to 2 weddings that he DJ-ed and know of at least 3 other couples that have used him.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Thank you all so much!!! I am going to check them out!!!!  :)

• Options
    My music is sooo important to me for the wedding..  I want the dance floor packed all night! :)
  • Options
    I am going to check out Elite also. I have had 2 friends of the family use them and the dance floor was packed the whole time. Good Luck with that search. My FI is looking at Partners and Sound in Staten Island tonight but I cant find any reviews on them so I am not sure I want to go that route.
  • Options
    Since I like to recommend all my vendors to you, Danielle - Colorblind Productions. They were the only ones I even met with. They were incredible and the price is really reasonable.
  • Options
    @majesty318…  HAHAHA… THANK YOU!!!
  • Options
    Can you give me some ideas on Posh Pricing/packages?  Thank you!

• Options
    I believe we paid around 4k.

That included the DJ & MC.  Cocktail hour music, lighting package, HD displays, uplighting, custom monogram, and the video montage.

I also booked in January 2013 for my May 2014 wedding so prices may vary.  But Posh was definitely the biggest bang for our buck.  We also met with Elite (the one in Saddle Brook) they wanted 5,500 for the same package.

Oh also with Posh they have referral specials.  So let one of us know ahead of time if you're going to book with them.  Might save you a couple of bucks.  PM me or I'm sure @jenn7778 will help you out too.  You might just need our names.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Thank you!! That was a huge help and thank you for the referral in advance. :)

Who did you end up getting as the DJ/MC? I know they have a few options... @FutureMrsN3312

• Options
    Our appointment was originally set with Mikey B.  As we walked in his office he got a call and another couple booked him for our date.  He said I'll have my partner meet with you guys.  Mikey took us to another office and there was Lil Cee.  He was so nice, humble, and an all around good guy.  I seriously felt like I was hanging out with an old friend.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Looks like you already have lots of suggestions, but wanted to throw in a vote for Barry Herman Entertainment.  I was so impressed and have heard great things about them.  We are paying $3500 for a string trio during ceremony, jazz duet at cocktail hour, then DJ (with assistant and lights) the rest of the night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Wow, I did not realize what a great deal we got - we paid $1900 for ceremony music, cocktail hour music, uplighting, DJ & MC, and photo montage.
  • Options
    Dee613Dee613 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    @danielle60314….Check out Classie Events
  • Options
    @dee613.. thank you!!!
  • Options
    Musica Union! They were amazing and kept the floor packed all night for my wedding back in May! We spent around 1,000.00 for DJ/MC, ceremony music, cocktail hour music, props (glow sticks, hats, and glasses). They have great package prices and you will not be disappointed. We used DJ Caz and people are still talking about our reception!
  • Options
    Dee613Dee613 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    @danielle60314…no problem. PM me if you want any info on my DJ or Cinematographer (I posted their info on your other post)

Happy Planning! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards