June 2015 Weddings
Options

Your FI

I've always heard 'Don't get upset when he doesn't want to help you plan, that is just guys.' So I've been planning the wedding just going with the flow of things and all of sudden he wants to be a part of every decision! Which I love that I don't have to do this on my own and just tell him where and what time. Are your fiances involved or do they just want to show up?

Re: Your FI

• Options
    I've been including my FI as much as he wants...basically I've been doing research, choosing 2-4 vendors, and then having him come meet them and make a decision with me. I think he's really interested in helping with the wedding, but doesn't know where to look/start
  • Options
    Mine doesn't really have much opinion on a lot of things dealing with the wedding. He always says whatever you want I know will be nice. He trusts my taste on a lot of things. There have been a handful of things that he had strong opinions on and I went with them. I figured if these were the couple things he really wanted...I could definitely make them happen. For example... I really wanted a band and he hated the idea of a band and wanted a DJ. It wasn't THAT big of deal for me so we went with a DJ and saved some money too!
  • Options
    When we were only dating, he said, "When we get married, you can plan everything but the music." (he's a musician) And that's exactly how it's going. I don't mind; I can't picture him at a florist and our ceremony site is one I've wanted to use since I was a little girl. So it works. :)
  • Options
    My fiance has specific tasks that before we started planning we divided up. I show him everything I am doing and he gives his opinions. Works well for us.
  • Options
    My fiancé's more than willing to plan with me, the issue is that wedding planning is way more on my radar because, you know, cultural expectations telling me that I'm the one who's supposed to care about this stuff. It's not the best arrangement because I'm working on my Ph.D. and have many more pressing things on my mind, so I often don't even remember to communicate that we "should" be working on such-and-such a thing. The moment I do, he steps up, no questions asked. 

• Options
    I'm more Type A and a huge list-maker/planner so I've done a lot of that as well as taken the reins on research. However, when it comes to choosing vendors (which we still technically have to do) he's 110% behind me. Since the day he proposed, we've looked at planning as a partnership. I want him to help make decisions and I want the wedding day to reflect us both equally. Our jobs have kept us very busy that wedding planning has been kind of on the back-burner, so we're trying our best to carve out time during weekends and try to enjoy the process as much as possible. I think every couple is different. In the end, all that really matters is that we are getting married to our best friends and celebrating our love with dear friends and family.
  • Options
    When we started planning I asked him what he wanted to be involved in - the whole thing or do you have certain aspects you want input, or are there things you want to be in control of etc. He basically said - I want to be in charge of booze and music. Ok darling, sounds good to me! He ended up picking our photographer as well, and I've run everything by him but usually he says "I trust you"
  • Options
    mine actually decided the theme of our save the dates and is helping out alot bc he knows everyone so he found our cake lady and our photographer. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards