Wedding Party
Options

Groomsmen Gifts??

My soon-to-be hubby is super stumped on what to get the groomsmen for our wedding. His original idea was to get them all AppleTVs, but now as our big day is getting closer he's not so sure about that expense for 4 people. He has pushed around the idea of getting them all decanters, but our wedding is in Hawaii and that glass could really pose an issue for them (all are travelling in for the wedding). All the guys are fairly young (under 30) and have been groomsmen before - so they have gotten a lot of the typical gifts (shot glasses, travel bags, etc.).

Any ideas on what to get them?? What are you getting your groomsmen? Have any creative suggestions?? Please!! And thank you!!!!

Re: Groomsmen Gifts??

• Options
    What would you get them for Christmas? As long as the price points are all about equal, the gifts don't have to be clones. As far as timing, if the gifts are too large to be convenient to pack, you can give them to the groomsmen either before or after the wedding.
  • Options
    What would you get them for Christmas? As long as the price points are all about equal, the gifts don't have to be clones. As far as timing, if the gifts are too large to be convenient to pack, you can give them to the groomsmen either before or after the wedding.
    All of this.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Thanks, ladies. I think he just wanted to have something to give to them while we were in Hawaii. I guess like a "thanks for making it out here But, it is a very good point they could be sent prior to or after the wedding. I personally wasn't sure if that would be a stupid question...if it was ok to gift before or after.
  • Options
    Maybe a small gift card for something to do while they're in Hawaii, in addition to any other gift?
  • Options
    It's a DW?  I think it's fine to give the gifts before or after to make the traveling easier.

Ditto that the gifts do not have to be all the same.  It's hard for me to think of 4 friends who would actually all like the same gift.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Ooh! Or what if he took them out for a round of drinks to thank them all for making the trip, if he wants to do something while they're in Hawaii?
  • Options
    DH got his BM a pack of nice golf balls, a magnetic beer koozie for the golf cart, and a couple of golf shirts from the private country club where our wedding was held. They are golf partners so it was all appropriate for him. 
  • Options

My soon-to-be hubby is super stumped on what to get the groomsmen for our wedding. His original idea was to get them all AppleTVs, but now as our big day is getting closer he's not so sure about that expense for 4 people. He has pushed around the idea of getting them all decanters, but our wedding is in Hawaii and that glass could really pose an issue for them (all are travelling in for the wedding). All the guys are fairly young (under 30) and have been groomsmen before - so they have gotten a lot of the typical gifts (shot glasses, travel bags, etc.).

Any ideas on what to get them?? What are you getting your groomsmen? Have any creative suggestions?? Please!! And thank you!!!!

Let me just say I'm glad he's rethinking this.  Friends of mine got it and returned it within two days because they hated it.  

Like others had said he should buy them each something they would like.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards