Not Engaged Yet

Introduction

Hi all.  I've been lurking on the site for years, but have recently become more active, so I figure I may as well formally introduce myself.  My name is Liz and I am an oncology nurse living in the Midwest.  I'm currently in school for my MSN so I can teach nursing.  Fun fact, this will be my fourth collegiate degree.  Clearly, I'm also nuts.  I have a Siamese cat named Ping and a white Boxer named Hudson.  I enjoy cooking, going to football games and hanging out with my BF when I have free time.

BF and I have been together for almost two years now.  We met on POF, and he is definitely the best guy I have ever known.  We have been talking about marriage and kids more and more lately and all of our family and friends are chomping at the bit waiting for us to get engaged.  I'm trying to remain calm and patient, however, last week I saw some pics of a ring on his phone, so it has gotten a little more difficult to keep my shit together.

Nice to officially meet all of you :)  I've enjoyed the discussion and I hope to get to know y'all better!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Introduction

• Nice to meet you! BF and I did the online thing too, and we're at almost two years together!

Care to explain your screen name?

• My BF runs obsessively and has completed 2 marathons.  I run... to codes.  Just kidding, used to run a little but, but it's much more difficult to find the time now that I'm back in school and working.

What site did you two meet on?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome, @lovemyrunner!  Where in the Midwest are you?

What are you currently reading?  What is your favorite travel destination?  Do you have a favorite boob?  Do you have siblings?  How do you like your potatoes?
  • Hi! What are your other degrees?
  • @lovemyrunner - OKC for us. Just out of school and weren't willing to spend money on finding someone to date, haha. . . I just started running, to do a relay race with some coworkers, and I've realized that doing a marathon would NEVER be worth it for me. I'd just get too bored! haha

Do you play any sports? How much time do you expect to have left in school?

• Welcome! 

What football team do you like?
    Can we have photos of your kitter and pupper?
    What TV shows are you currently into?

• HI and welcome!

What was the best vacation you ever went on?

Anniversary

• Welcome, @lovemyrunner!  Where in the Midwest are you?

What are you currently reading?  What is your favorite travel destination?  Do you have a favorite boob?  Do you have siblings?  How do you like your potatoes?
    I'm an Omaha girl, born and bred.  Not currently reading anything, due to the whole MSN thing.  I spend so much time reading for school, it's the last thing I want to do with my free time.  Took BF to North Carolina this past February and I would loooove to go back, but we're headed to Chicago in a couple of weeks too!  I have one younger sister and a brother in law.  I like my potatoes mashed.

As for the boobs... funny story.  BF popped one of them, so I like the uninjured boob better.  I had a mole removed from the lefty to be biopsied.  The day I got the stitches removed, BF thought it would be funny to tackle me.  But he landed on the bum boob.  Pulled my neckline down to check and sure enough, the incision was completely re-opened.  His first comment?  "Wow, I've never seen inside of one before."  So yeah, now there's a big ugly scar on it and I tell him he's stuck with me 'cause no one else will want my disfigured boobs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    Welcome!!

What's your favorite kind of ice cream?

If you could have one last meal, what would it be?
    Anniversary

• Hiii! :)

We'll accept you because of your super cute furbabies and your popped boob. Some others around here have some... interesting boobage as well ;)

Your BF is wise, and you should totally become a Patriots fan.

Can you quote Friends at will? 
    Do you like when we post gifs here?
    Who are your favorite posters?

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Hello!  I don't like to run and I'm scared of nurses, but we can still be friends.

Actually, I've lately started developing like...dependencies on nurses/doctors lol.  I'm terrified of everything my surgeon can do to me, but he like half saved my life a few weeks ago so I really like him. Plus he really likes me because I'm pretty well informed about my diagnosis and whatnot so we have discussions about my issues as opposed to him saying "ok we're going to do this".

Since I don't like needles...and I'm currently grading microbiology papers (I teach bio at a community college)...tell me some awesome science things about yourself:
    1)  Did you ever know a boob could be popped before yours did?
    2)  Is grey's anatomy even close to real life?  Not the like sex in the closets bit but I dunno, anything?  I've been watching it a lot lately.
    3)  Would you ever eat sushi at a hospital? 
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @Peaceblossom55: Favorite vacation so far would have to be to North Carolina, it was my first time seeing the ocean!

@Severmilli12: My favorite ice cream is strawberry cheesecake, and my last meal MUST involve pasta!  How about you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @lovemyrunner strawberry cheesecake ice cream sounds amazing right now. My fave is B&J's Phish food and chocolate fudge brownie. My last meal would be chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, corn, and a dinner roll :)
    Anniversary

• Your furbabies are so cute! There are quite a few of us on the board that watch the Walking Dead so if you stick around, you'll have plenty of people to discuss with when the next season starts this fall :)

We'll accept you because of your super cute furbabies and your popped boob. Some others around here have some... interesting boobage as well ;)

I must hear these interesting boobage stories... to make me feel better about my own.
    I can quote Friends at will, and I believe the character of Chandler is based loosely on myself :)
    I LOOOVE the GIFs on this site, but I am not technically savy (sigh) and it could take me several hours to contribute a GIF of my own.

Favorite posters: Well I like you GoldenPenguin (bats eyes) because of your love for morganite.  I also really enjoy @Beethery cause she's all kinds of sassy and I find her hilarious!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello!  I don't like to run and I'm scared of nurses, but we can still be friends.

Actually, I've lately started developing like...dependencies on nurses/doctors lol.  I'm terrified of everything my surgeon can do to me, but he like half saved my life a few weeks ago so I really like him. Plus he really likes me because I'm pretty well informed about my diagnosis and whatnot so we have discussions about my issues as opposed to him saying "ok we're going to do this".

Since I don't like needles...and I'm currently grading microbiology papers (I teach bio at a community college)...tell me some awesome science things about yourself:
    1)  Did you ever know a boob could be popped before yours did?
    2)  Is grey's anatomy even close to real life?  Not the like sex in the closets bit but I dunno, anything?  I've been watching it a lot lately.
    3)  Would you ever eat sushi at a hospital? 
    A doctor who will discuss with you is worth the $$!  Yes, due to my healthcare background, I knew a boob could pop (everything can pop with enough force).  In fact, whenever BF would hug me hard, I would warn him, "Not so hard, you're gonna pop 'em!"  And then he did.

I don't watch Grey's so I don't know about that specifically, but usually the healthcare stuff on TV is BS.  I drive BF nuts by dissecting the inconsistencies in every TV show and movie we watch.  The worst is how nurses are usually portrayed as either dumb or slutty... or both.

I would definitely never eat sushi at my hospital.  However, some hospital cafeterias are run by professional catering companies and sushi would probably be safe there :)

@Severmilli12: I like your taste!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

I must hear these interesting boobage stories... to make me feel better about my own.
    I can quote Friends at will, and I believe the character of Chandler is based loosely on myself :)
    I LOOOVE the GIFs on this site, but I am not technically savy (sigh) and it could take me several hours to contribute a GIF of my own.

Favorite posters: Well I like you GoldenPenguin (bats eyes) because of your love for morganite.  I also really enjoy @Beethery cause she's all kinds of sassy and I find her hilarious!
    AWWW :) You're in! But Beethery doesn't post over here, so pick an NEYer!! :) 

Also, to put a gif in, you just drag it into the text box. Easy peasy!

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

love you too boothang! (also hi guys I have never been here before D8)
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Welcome! Any fun weekend plans?
  • beethery said:
    Hiii! :)

love you too boothang! (also hi guys I have never been here before D8)

SITB:
    Vindication!!
    yaaaas honey

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Peaceblossom55: Favorite vacation so far would have to be to North Carolina, it was my first time seeing the ocean!

@Severmilli12: My favorite ice cream is strawberry cheesecake, and my last meal MUST involve pasta!  How about you?

My fave too!!! Whyyyyy did you have to remind me there is an open pint in the freezer, which is now calling my name??

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• @GoldenPenguin: Okay, for NYE posters, I'm loving caseface5's new RDJ gif.  I've always enjoyed severmilli12's posts and swazzle always has awesome reaction GIFs which are great for entertainment.  And thanks for the GIF instructions, way easier than the tutorials make it seem!

@morphemes: No major weekend plans, just hanging with friends.  But work was a bear this week, so low-key relaxin' is fine by me!  Do you have any fun plans?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kelani23 said:
    @Peaceblossom55: Favorite vacation so far would have to be to North Carolina, it was my first time seeing the ocean!

My fave too!!! Whyyyyy did you have to remind me there is an open pint in the freezer, which is now calling my name??
    If I'm going down, I'm takin' y'all with me!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @lovemyrunner - sounds fun! Sometimes those are the best type of weekend! My little sister is coming to visit BF and I. We always have fun so I am excited. We don't have major plans, but we're going to do some laid back stuff. Go to the farmers market, have beers on the lake, etc. 
  • haha, I mainly like that you answered my absurd hospital questions - good job!

And don't worry - I teach nurses before they become nurses so I know they're not all dumb and slutty.  Actually, the vast majority of my students this semester are dang good at this science stuff!  I do have a rule that none of my past students are allowed to be my nurses though, lol.  I'm currently living in a different state than most of them, so that makes it easier thankfully.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Hi and welcome! You seem fun and personable and I think you'll fit in around here! Your furbabies are the CUTEST! Do you have a favorite cartoon movie!?
  • I missed this on Friday, so hi and welcome!

I am athletically challenged too...you can be on my team :)

What is your least favorite food? How do you like your potatoes? What would you do if you won the lottery?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @GoldenPenguin: Okay, for NYE posters, I'm loving caseface5's new RDJ gif.  I've always enjoyed severmilli12's posts and swazzle always has awesome reaction GIFs which are great for entertainment.  And thanks for the GIF instructions, way easier than the tutorials make it seem!

@morphemes: No major weekend plans, just hanging with friends.  But work was a bear this week, so low-key relaxin' is fine by me!  Do you have any fun plans?
    friends tv show funy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards