Georgia-Atlanta

Re-design wedding dress places

I can not wait to walk walk down the isle in my mother's wedding dress. Unfortunately, my mother's wedding dress is from the 80's, and I want to have a more "modern" looking dress. Do yall know of any places North of Atlanta that do this type of thing, and how much it will cost? (planning a wedding for 2016 but trying to figure out budget)

Re: Re-design wedding dress places

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I don't know of any salons that do this but to be honest I've never asked. Try calling some North Atlanta bridal salons and ask if their alterations department can help you. If not, you may want to try to start researching seamstresses in the area who are comfortable working with bridal gowns. I know there is a lady in the Roswell area who makes custom gowns so she may be a resource. I don't remember her name but I heard about her through The Chandlery. The Chandlery is a small boutique store that hosts a wedding event a couple of times a year and they will bring in different vendors. You might try talking to the owner to see if she can give you the dress designer's name.

• I've heard good things about Dora Baker Bridal Alterations. I haven't been there yet, but I that's where I'm planning to take my dress for some major alterations to the style. You can probably find some other places using the search feature on this board. As for how much it will cost, that totally depends on what specific alterations you want. If you know what you want, you could get quotes from a few different places.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards