Wisconsin

Photos at City Hall

Hi, ladies!

I'm getting married 12/29/12 in Milwaukee, and we're looking for indoor photo venues. I have my heart set on something "old school" and architecturally interesting, and it seems like City Hall would be perfect. However, their website is not helpful in the least. I can't even figure out if they're open on weekends.

So, I turn to you guys for help. Does anyone know if City Hall is open on our date? Has anyone gotten pictures taken there before?

Thanks a mil!!!

Take care,
T

Re: Photos at City Hall

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I would think most government buildings are only open Monday-Friday, 8-4:30.

If you are working with a professional photographer, you should present your ideas to him/her and ask for suggestions. They may have the ability to get special clearances or provide alternatitves.
  • For a different option have you thought of using the lobby area of the Museum of Art? I was at the museum a couple weekends ago and there was about 5 or 6 bridal groups doing pictures there. I even saw a group of high school students going to Homecoming doing pictures there. As itzMS said, talking to the photographer and see if they have ideas or can get the special clearance needed to do pictures there.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • You might want to check out the Milwaukee Public Library.  It is beautiful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • tsmith313tsmith313 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for all the input! I think we're going with the Charles Allis Art Museum. Steph: The photo permit for the Milwaukee Art Museum was 750! No, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards