Wedding Party
Options

Help...

Hi girls,

I'm just engaged and starting to plan the wedding party...

But I've got a big problem... I can't decide of the colours...

Can anyone help me please?

Re: Help...

• Options
    That's kind of a personal decision. What colors do you and your fiance like? Hate? When is your wedding?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Colors are a personal choice based on yours and fiance's favorites. What season are you thinking for your wedding?  Are there any particular colors you seem to choose when you're out shopping?
  • Options
    Agree with PPs. We really need more information in order to help you out on this one.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Think about your favorite and least favorite colors to start narrowing it down. Also, if you have a date picked you can Google "*insert season* wedding colors" & see if any of the ideas appeal to you. Check out websites like www.theperfectpalette.com - when I was driving myself crazy with color options this site helped me to get a better feel for combinations.
  • Options
    Keep in mind you really shouldn't fully decide on your wedding colours until you pick a venue - the last thing you want is to clash with the venue.
  • Options
    Green.
  • Options
    mariesl said:

Hi girls,

I'm just engaged and starting to plan the wedding party...

But I've got a big problem... I can't decide of the colours...

Can anyone help me please?

You think THIS is a big problem?  Oh, honey, chill.  Nobody really cares about your colors, except the bridesmaids who might have to wear them.  Relax!  Slow down.

A few pieces of general advice:
    1.  Do not pick your wedding party until 9 month before your wedding.  There is more drama on this board resulting from engaged girls making decisions too soon.

2.  First set your budget.  How much can you spend on your wedding?

3.  Now draw up a guest list.  Include everybody both you and your FI's family wants to invite.  You might need to make some cuts to get a realistic number.

4.  Decide what you can afford to feed all the people on your guest list.  Dinner receptions are the most expensive.  Brunch receptions are about half the cost.  The easiest, and very traditional reception is cake and punch at the church social hall, or in a garden or backyard.

5.  If you are Catholic, talk to your priest immediately to find out what you need to do to get married in the church.  Gaps are not acceptable between your ceremony and your reception, so keep that in mind when co-ordinating.

6.  NOW you can look at venues.  Now you can think about colors.  Do not consider any venue, no matter how beautiful, unless it fits your budget, your guest list AND your ceremony schedule.

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options

Thanks for ur answer!

I know it's a personal decision, but it seems so complicated... I like so many colors... Peach, mint, lavender...

I wish I could mix all of them...

Anyway, our wedding is planed on august 29th next year

• Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    @mariesl - why can't you mix all those colors together?  I just searched "pastel colored wedding" on google images and found a lot of great ideas...

Edited because it didn't want to accept my link the first time.

• Options

@CMGragain

lol, u r right, noboy care about my colors... just me ;) but it seems so important to me that I don't wanna make any error...

We r going to get married in France so we already planed everything. It's gonna be a very intimate wedding in an castle close to Carcassonne (South west)

My Fiancé is working abroad so we had to decide a lot of thinks beofre, we are well organisated.

Budget checked 13600$

Guest list checked 30 close family and very close friends

Wedding planner checked

Photogapher checked

Reception place checked ( the ceremony will take place in the parc of the castle or inside depending of the weather)

Priest we r still waiting for his answer

Menu we will decide during the spring, we can't before but we already have an idea

That's why I'm thinking of the venues now and I didn't thought that it would have be so complicated...

Anyway thanks for ur answer and your precious advices and all my apologizes for my English...

• Options

@Maggie0829

Good idea thank you ;)

• Options
    I think peach, mint, and lavender would be lovely!
  • Options

@BMoreBride6

I hope, I'd really like to mix those 3 colors...

I'm gonna search on Google and make some tries...

I'll let you know if you want :)

• Options
    Try this website: http://www.theperfectpalette.com/p/colors.html  
    they have lots of different colors and you just pick on and it will show you lots of other color combinations.

That said, the three colors you picked would look beautiful together and you should feel comfortable using them all.

Here are some examples of using colors similar to those you like

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    Usually a Catholic wedding must be held in a Catholic church.  I know that in France you must have both a civil and a church ceremony if you are Catholic.  Which one will be in the castle?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I'm going to drop some knowledge on you.
    1. You don't have to have wedding colors. Just pick stuff you like that coordinates. There is no rule that a wedding may only have 2 colors.
    2. If you use correct grammar and spelling people will have an easier time reading your posts, be more likely to respond, and less likely to wonder if you are actually old enough to be legally wed.
  • Options

@CMGragain

U're right, even in France Catholic weddings must be held in a Catholic Church but we will do just a "blessing" and beacuse my fiancé was an officier in the Navy our officiant will be an "aumonier" that's a little bit different so we can have our "religious" ceremony outside...

I'm really sorry for my English I hope you can understand me. Thanks to take time to reply me and thanks again for all your advices

• Options
    mariesl said:

@Liatris2010 why r u so agressive??

I'm sorry I'm not American and I'm trying to do my best to share with you beacuse I like a lot your wedding culture.

I was completely excited about those exchanges and now I'm totally desapointed... I didn't wanted to seems rude and I didn't wanted to offense anyone...

I'm sorry...

Ps: I'm 32 I think I'm old enough to be legally wed but thanks so much for your advice...

I can't speak for Liatris, but it's probably an oversight/mistake. Your English is very good for a second language. Not everyone can even say that they speak two languages (especially here in the States), so kudos to you! 

I would not let one person's comment (even if it was completely intentional - which I'm almost certain it wasn't) ruin your outlook on things. 

Your color choices sound really nice. I think you can make anything work. You could even choose to do "pastels" in general:
    imageimage
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    mariesl said:

@Liatris2010 why r u so agressive??

I'm sorry I'm not American and I'm trying to do my best to share with you beacuse I like a lot your wedding culture.

I was completely excited about those exchanges and now I'm totally desapointed... I didn't wanted to seems rude and I didn't wanted to offense anyone...

I'm sorry...

Ps: I'm 32 I think I'm old enough to be legally wed but thanks so much for your advice...

I can't speak for Liatris, but it's probably an oversight/mistake. Your English is very good for a second language. Not everyone can even say that they speak two languages (especially here in the States), so kudos to you! 

I would not let one person's comment (even if it was completely intentional - which I'm almost certain it wasn't) ruin your outlook on things. 

Your color choices sound really nice. I think you can make anything work. You could even choose to do "pastels" in general:
    imageimage
    So much pretty!
  • Options
    @southernbelle0915 thanks very much for your support and your great ideas.
    I hope I don't disturb anyone by my presence on this community but i think it will be a rewarding experienc for me and maybe for you too.
    I'll be very pleased to help if someone need advices for a European Wedding... who knows ;) 

• Options
    mariesl said:
    @southernbelle0915 thanks very much for your support and your great ideas. I hope I don't disturb anyone by my presence on this community but i think it will be a rewarding experienc for me and maybe for you too. I'll be very pleased to help if someone need advices for a European Wedding... who knows ;) 
    This is an international community and learning about wedding culture in other places of the world is valuable for everyone here. Stick around! :)
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    mariesl said:
    I hope I don't disturb anyone by my presence on this community but i think it will be a rewarding experienc for me and maybe for you too.
    I'll be very pleased to help if someone need advices for a European Wedding... who knows ;) 

I was a French major in college, and your English is better than my French.  I think Liatris was a little harsh.  Perhaps she missed that English is your second language.  

Although, friendly English tip: using abbreviations like R for are, U for you, etc. is more like something a teenager would do, not an adult.  You probably see this online a lot and might not realize it, but it's considered immature.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options

@JCbride2015 In fact I didn't know... evrybody is using abbreviations like that in France so for me it seemed normal.

I won't do it again (even if sometimes I'm a little immature ;) )

• Options

mariesl said:

I was a French major in college, and your English is better than my French.  I think Liatris was a little harsh.  Perhaps she missed that English is your second language.  

Although, friendly English tip: using abbreviations like R for are, U for you, etc. is more like something a teenager would do, not an adult.  You probably see this online a lot and might not realize it, but it's considered immature.
    This is what I was getting at. I was not being aggressive.
  • Options
    I think pastels sound lovely.  This will not be your hardest decision.  Don't stress too much on little stuff like this.  Sounds like you're already planning everything and having fun doing it.  Congratulations on your engagement!  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Je parle francais. (: I think pastels  sound great!
  • Options
    krcbkrcb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    While I know the focus of this was for your wedding colors, I can't help but notice talk about your grammar/writing. I tutored English as a second language college students for a few years in writing, and I am impressed with your English. I notice many have problems with articles (a, the, an), but you seem to have a good grasp. More power to you for learning a language other than your native! I admire that. I need to pick up a language besides English some day, and you can bet my spelling/grammar will be dreadful! haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards