New York-Hudson Valley

Inexpensive Southern NY Venues

Hey everyone,

I recently got engaged and my fiance and I are now looking into wedding venues.  We would like to keep the rate below 90/person.  It would also be good to have lodging on site or extremely close by.  If anyone has any recommendations, let me know!

-Kristin

Re: Inexpensive Southern NY Venues

• What area are you looking at specifically? Rockland/Westchester or Orange/Ulster/Dutchess?

• Any would be fine but we would prefer Rockland, Westchester, Putnam, or orange.
  • Okay, I can really only attest to Orange County and a bit of Dutchess. In this area you can find nice places for about 90.00 Some places go a bit above 90, but they have extra things included. The best bet is to look online. If you like what you see then give them a call and tell them what you are looking to spend. If they say they can help you then set up a time to meet with them. 

I heard the Fountains in the Town of Wallkill is beautiful and decently priced. Pier 9 is nice and you get some extras, I believe they include the cake in their price. Try Winding Hills Golf Course as well. I don't know what their prices are but they do a wonderful job. 

You didn't list Dutchess but there are a few in Dutchess that are nice and reasonably priced. 
    Dutchess Manor is very pretty and aren't too pricey. 
    I am getting married at the Villa Borghese. Price is between 95 to 100 for their entry package but includes food, cake and centerpieces.
    Also look at Christos in Poughkeepsie. 

Hope this helps!! :) 
  • Take a look at the Doubletree in Tarrytown and the Mt Kisco Holiday Inn if you want something at a hotel!
  • I remember that the Davenport Club used to have the least expensive rates of all the New Rochelle venues along the water.  You might want to look into it - I've never been there but always heard that the food and views were good!
  • HH2BeHH2Be member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    We chose The Fountains at Wallkill for our Sept. 26th wedding.  They have reasonable pricing and Bob was very straightforward, not out to get you with hidden extras.  Our package includes the cake and 1 complimentary shuttle run between the venue and hotel.  The hotel is by The Galleria Crystal Run in Middletown, the venue is the next exit up on Route 17, about a 10 minute drive.  We just had our tasting, the food is good.  We've had family friends who have attended events there, and they said it was very nice and the food is good.  The owners of The Fountains also own in Eagle's Nest in Bloomingburg, but I don't know the pricing there.  I do believe the Eagle's Nest has lodging right on site.

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards