Georgia-Atlanta

Vendor Reviews for Wedding July 6, 2014

Venue- Roswell River Landing https://www.roswellgov.com/index.aspx?NID=245<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This venue is fantastic because you can bring in whatever food or drink that you want. It is extremely affordable and has a beautiful backdrop for pictures. The pictures just don’t do it justice and you won’t really find very many pictures online. You really have to go see it. I will attach some pics at the bottom. Debbie is the manager and she is extremely helpful and easy to work with. I think the venue says it can hold 180 people but I only had 60 and felt it was comfortable because all of my guest were able to be on the same floor. If you have more people they will have to be separated either upstairs or outside. They had also just made some changes to the venue such as new carpet and paint. Also I really wasn’t happy with the venues chairs so I ordered silver chivari chairs from Sweet Seats Atlanta. They were awesome to work with and their chairs were $5.00 a chair. Not bad for chivari chairs.

Caterer- Zest Atlanta www.zestatlanta.com

They are fantastic! When I say full service, they are full service! They made sure that I had something to drink and eat all night and packed food to go. Everyone always says that you hardly get a chance to eat at your wedding, this was not the case. If I had a spare moment someone was coming to pass out an appetizer for me to snack on. They hand passed appetizers with servers which was awesome and added some true elegance. They offer bartender service so we used them and just brought in the alcohol. My guest loved the bartender. I even rented my linens through them which were cheaper than renting them on my own. The food was amazing. We are still getting compliments on our food and for a full service catering company they aren’t very expensive and they will work with your budget. For appetizers they served min BLT’s, mac and cheese cupcakes, and chicken and waffle skewers. For dinner we had grilled flat iron steak, Cajun fried turkey (amazing), buttermilk mashed potatoes, and green beans with green salad. I mean I have nothing bad to say at all except please book them. They are fairly new in the last couple of years but they are phenomenal

Cake- Publix Powder Springs

So my cake was awesome. It was yellow cake with vanilla custard and fresh strawberry filling with buttercream icing. However, the service I received after ordering was disappointing. I wanted to use the Publix near my home and corporate said I could. I placed my order but then they were calling saying my venue was too far and my cake my topple order and that there were 7 or 8 other Publix I could have used closer even though I was paying for delivery. It got ugly and I contacted corporate who completely handled the situation and I am being given a monetary gift for all of my inconvenience. I was really surprised because I love Publix and shop their religiously and was so disappointed to have such a horrible experience.

Wedding Planner- 3 Goats Tall www.3goatstall.com

Lynda is awesome! She is so calm and understanding which was perfect because I was calm and cool during the planning process but started to flake out a couple days before and up to the wedding and she kept me calm. Her pricing is great too. My husband did not understand why we needed her but after the wedding he said it was money well spent which is a huge compliment to her. My only critique would be that she is efficient not necessarily creative so if you are looking for someone to use their creative juices she might not be your choice. But for me she was perfect since I knew exactly how I wanted things set up.

Flowers- Magnolia Street Floral www.magnoliastreetfloral.com

Denise is great and very affordable. My flowers were beautiful and she even added some extra things. I just wanted white flowers with greenery for my center pieces and she added some extra purple in the flowers to really make them pop! She will work with their budget.  She was really helpful with ideas too. Also because the venue was so close to her home she didn’t charge me for delivery. Only thing is make sure you have cash or check because she doesn’t except card.

Candy Table- B’ Memorable Events

My girlfriend started her own business planning events and doing candy and dessert tables. She planned my bachelorette party and bridal shower. They were amazing and beautiful and personalized. Our candy buffet was awesome and everyone really enjoyed all the sweet treats.

Alterations- Dora Baker www.dorabakerbridalalteration.com

Dora Baker is the bomb.com. I found out about her being on these discussion boards because she doesn’t advertise. She is a little Mexican lady who does alterations out of her home. She has a bridal room in her basement. She worked in wedding dress alterations for years and then started working out of her home. When I say my dress fit, it fit like a glove. No pulling up, no nothing. She makes sure her dresses fit! And she is extremely affordable.

Photographer- Sara Stewart Photography http://mrssarastewart.com

Sara is fantastic! She is a family friend. Her husband is my husband’s best friend’s brother. Anyway she gave us an amazing deal which I am so grateful for and my pictures came out great. And she did a preview at the wedding of pics she took and had already edited so that people could see. It was really cool!

Photo booth- Joni Heart Image Photography http://joniheartimage.com

They were amazing! I found them through a groupon deal and was a little worried about the quality of the pics however the quality was great. The groupon deal was $275 for 4 hours and 100 prints. I got props and signs and at the end of the night I got copies of almost all the pics to take home. And they had great personalities so easy to be around. My guests enjoyed it so much!

DJ-Ballin Productions

My husband found them through work. They are professional with a website and everything however they are really just some high school kids trying to perfect their craft. They weren’t terrible but let’s just say I would not hire them again. No stage presence or mc skills and really didn’t know how to read the crowd.

Little details- Etsy

Etsy was my best friend. I got invites, place cards (which were book marks that I put in a plastic sleeve and then my guest put their photo booth picture in), personalized hangers, personalized robes, bridal jewelry and gifts. I mean I fell in love with them!

Anyway I hope this helps!

Re: Vendor Reviews for Wedding July 6, 2014

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    I'm so glad Magnolia Street Floral worked for you! My sister used her as well and she was VERY happy with everything they provided! Your pictures are beautiful!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards