Iowa-Des Moines

Simpson barn wedding

We are having our wedding and reception at the simpson barn in September. We only have 4 hours to set up the barn. I want to know if anyone has held their wedding event there and if so I want to know everything that I need to be aware of and prepared for. I would appreciate any feedback or tips! Thanks!

Re: Simpson barn wedding

• Congrats!! We also got married and had our reception at the Simpson bar. With your limited time, make sure that you know how your tables will be spaced out prior to setting up. You can easily delegate set up of tables and chairs to helpers which will allow you to focus on the decor and details. If you are using electricity for any of your decor bring extra extension cords!! The barn is quite old and when we strung our bulb lights from the ceiling we ended up tripping fuses because we had too many lights plugged into one outlet. Make sure you are super organized before you go and can delegate as much basic stuff that you can. I also printed out a mock up picture of one of the table scapes so that once tables were set up they could begin assembling the table top. Even if it's not perfect it is easier to walk around and fix little things than try to do everything yourself:)

Also, I saw your note about looking for a cabin/house to rent. I would recommend looking into the Cottages at Stoney Creek. It is right off of 86th street/I-35/80 in Johnston.

Good luck and ENJOY it!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards