Nevada-Las Vegas

What did you wear after the ceremony?

I'm thinking about getting a second short dress for partying on the strip afterwards.  What are you guys doing?

Re: What did you wear after the ceremony?

• hmgifforhmgiffor member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    Absolutely! Rocking a cute short white dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Are you sticking with white or doing something more colorful?
  • I am planning on getting a short white dress too. I'll change into it after dinner.  Haven't found the right one yet. I've been shopping for months! Longer than I shopped for my actual wedding dress! I've ordered 4 different dresses online and sent them all back. Still looking! 
  • I am wearing white. Check out www.promgirl.com. Lots of great fun short dresses!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've seen a lot of reasonably priced short wedding dresses on Etsy, but I'm a little leery of ordering a dress I can't try on. I guess you can always have it altered though.
  • I got a second dress to wear. It's a vera wang white bridesmaids dress. Super fun and can't wait to wear it although if I move a little too much it might show bridal bootie.
  • My wife had a short white dress. I ditched my tux jacket and swapped out my shoes for fuzzy slippers, then we hit the craps tables with about 30 of our guests that were still up for partying.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I had a shorter version of my wedding dress it was a short white staples dress with tulle :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • I had a black short dress with black heels:)
  • Just finalized my partying dress. The original one was a short, sequined white number. I got it two months ago. But then I found a long white illusion neckline dress that I have been eyeing for months. No foundation garments needed! Actually, I will probably end up with several dresses. I mean, it is Vegas, right?
    Happiness is an inside job
  • I just ordered this one! I'm so excited to get it! Will the 5th time be the charm? 
  • mspennmspenn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    myriah505 said:
    I just ordered this one! I'm so excited to get it! Will the 5th time be the charm? 
    That's cute!  I was looking for something like that for my renewal before I found my dress.

Actually after our wedding dinner, we all went back to our room and I put on a pair of short and a tshirt as we all just hung out for a while before some people had to leave.  (One couple had booked a show and my parents left to go back to their hotel to pack for leaving the next day).  My sil helped pick the 548711458 bobby pins out of my hair.  lol
  • kittt29kittt29 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2014
    I'm going to wear my wedding dress to dinner and then wear this short white Guess dress I found at Marshall's for some photos and fun on the Strip!
  • I wore my dress all night.. Until we went to bed around 11pm because apparently getting married is exhausting.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • a13049a13049 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I had a second dress all lined up but chose to stay in my wedding dress. I lovedy dress and it didn't bother me wearing it around. I did changed shoes after dinner that was the only part that was uncomfortable for me.
  • My dress was 2 pieces, so I removed the skirt for a shorter style to go out in afterwards!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @KikiMira. I was thinking of getting a detachable wedding dress/skirt too! I have only seen a couple online.
  • I looked for the detachable ones, but I couldn't find any locally.  Most of the ones I saw online were a beautiful long dress, but detached to a boring shorter sheath dress.  I ended up going with a local designer to make a custom dress for me, but it's going to be short.  I figured I would rather have that than walk around the strip in a long dress, or wear a dress for only an hour or so.
  • Futuremrshauger I only actually saw one physical dress and it was the one I ended up purchasing. I looked online but didn't really find what I was looking for, most were just 2 pieces, a skirt and a top (like these http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicaprobus/36-ultra-glamorous-two-piece-wedding-dresses)

Mine was Mia Solano M1227L which only one retail store in canada brought it in. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm going to rent a short white dress from Rent the Runway (https://www.renttherunway.com/rtr_home). I've used them several times in the past for parties and such and have never been disappointed. They let you choose a first and second choice dress and give you two sizes of each, so you're pretty much guaranteed to have something to wear. You can also filter reviews for your size and frame, so you know what you're getting into with each dress (tight in the bust, too long, itchy, etc.). I love this company so much that I'm planning on using them for my actual wedding dress, too!

They've recently opened a physical location in Vegas at The Cosmopolitan for those of you who would rather try something on, but they have a much bigger selection on their website which, as I mentioned, has never given me any problems. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards