Snarky Brides
Options

Re: .

• Options
    It's a pretty rude request of them to want to bring in an additional makeup artist, but I would probably just let them go ahead and do it. Since they seem like little divas anyway, it will allow more time for your makeup artist to spend on you, and not them.

For the dresses, set a deadline. Tell them they must have their dresses bought by a certain date so that you make sure everything looks okay. I agree with you that it's ridiculous they can't buy the dress but can afford other luxuries in the meantime.

Weddings can bring out some pretty bad qualities in people. I don't blame you or your fiance for getting frustrated but just remember that it will not be a reflection on either of you if your wedding day arrives and your bridesmaids aren't looking/acting the part-- it will only make them look bad in front of everyone.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

Every wedding  that I have been in, it was not even an option, we were told the MUA would be doing your makeup at such and such time, cost, place and you did what the bride wished. I did not know any of the MUA that the brides used but I still did it because that's what she wanted.

However, I obviously am overreacting, and should just let them make their own decisions and do whatever they want.

• Options
    This sounds like a blessing in disguise.  Your BMs will have someone else doing their makeup while you have yours done.  This will save you some time.  Just breathe; it will all work out.
  • Options
    How many boards did you post this on? 
  • Options
    KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

Every wedding  that I have been in, it was not even an option, we were told the MUA would be doing your makeup at such and such time, cost, place and you did what the bride wished. I did not know any of the MUA that the brides used but I still did it because that's what she wanted.

However, I obviously am overreacting, and should just let them make their own decisions and do whatever they want.

• Options
    KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

My wedding is 2 months away, and I am DREADING it!!! I have four bridesmaids, whom I have been friends with my entire life. One bridesmaid has chosen to not participate in anything which has made the other three very mad and irritated. The other two bridesmaids I have been begging for months to buy their bridesmaid dresses (which are a 100 bucks) and I kept getting the "I can't afford it I am tight on money" but then they would be going on vacations with their significant others, going shopping, going to concerts, baseball games, so they finally bought their dresses last week and they are coming in two days before my wedding. I have been very laid back and I haven't asked them to help me with anything, my MOH (whom I have no problems with, has planned the bridal shower and bacherlorette party with the two bridesmaids helps).

I let the girls choose their dresses, their shoes, how they wanted their hair, and I even let them choose who they wanted to do their hair for the wedding ( I gave them a couple options). I chose who I wanted to do my makeup, I did my trial run, and then set out a group text that said that "I did my trial run for makeup tonight, airbrush makeup will be 75 dollars, please let me know ASAP if you would like your makeup done so I can give her a head count as she will be traveling from a few hours away."

My bridesmaid whom doesn't want to participate in anything replied back to count her out and she would do her own as she could not afford it, my MOH texted back saying count her in and my other two never responded.

Two weeks have passed and got a text message from one of those two bridesmaids last night saying that they her and the other bridesmaid decided to hire another makeup artist and needs to know where we are getting ready and what time their makeup artist should be there. I was really caught off guard and hurt, during our conversation she proceeded to say that she didn't know my makeup artist and didn't trust her, and that she has had her makeup done by this girl before and would rather her girl do it. When I suggested that it would mean a lot to me if we all got it done by my girl and together, she just replied that she would just do her own. I kept apologizing, I have sent her three long text messages with apologies, trying to reason and understand and she has basically put me on ignore and has not responded.

My fiancé is so irritated, and wants to call and yell at both of them and tell them that this is my wedding and to respect what I want but I have been begging him not do that. I just don't know what to do. Do I let them just bring in their own makeup artist? This is just coming at a really bad time, my bridal shower is suppose to be on Saturday and I don't want their to be any tension, I am already dealing with the struggle that my mom just decided that she would rather take off and go on a vacation this week and miss my bridal shower.

Anyone have any tips of advice? Suggestions? Happy, positive thoughts?

SITB

Grabbed from other thread... Just so you know what the DD is all about. I'm snarky today.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards