Wisconsin
Options

Vendor Reviews from 9/17/11 wedding!!!

YAY! Time for my vendor reviews. I just hope I remember them all!

Jared Galleria of Jewelry, A+ Madison, WI
This is where DH got my e-ring, my wedding band and his wedding band. They are really nice and didn't mind spending a lot of time with you. We both loved the service that we received and recommend them to everyone.

Brandi's Bridal, A
So I did not realize that you are suppose to make appt. when dress shopping but Brandi's was more than OK with my walk-in but it was a Thursday. I told them my price range and they let us go through the dresses. I tried on about 5 dresses there and it was a great time. They let you take pictures of the dresses and don't rip tags. I loved one of the dresses I tried on but my Mom and BM told me to look at more dresses. I ended up not getting dress there.

Mahin's Bridal, D-
The women who own's the shop is really rude and doesn't listen to what you say. I told her my price range and she didn't pull a single dress at or below that price, all dresses were out of my price range. She rips tags and doesn't allow pictures. However, there was a beautiful dress that my BM spotted and I fell in love with it! The owner lied about the designer of the dress, twice, ordered it a size up from what I wanted and charged a lot of fees. She also told me it would take at least 6 months for it to come it, it took 6 weeks. I do not recommend shopping here! 

Lussier Family Heritage Center, B Madison, WI
We had both the ceremony and reception here and it was beautiful. The price was good because it is on county land. We rented the top floor and it was more then enough room for our guest. The downside is that you need to be out of there by midnight. My brother, SIL and DOC stayed late cleaning and set off the alarm. We gave a deposit for damage and I am still waiting to hear if we are charged extra for staying late. I will post if they do. Other them that it was a great space and I recommend it. 

Gaylord Catering, A Madison, WI
The food was amazing and DH and I loved the service that we got. We had two tastings with them and they really catered to what we wanted. They showed up on time the day of and from what my DOC told me, they were great to work with the day of. 

Nhi Photograph,y A Madison, WI
http://nhiphotography.com/
Nhi was great to work with and has been amazing over the past year that we have been working with her. I found her on CL and wasn't sure what to expect but everything worked out great. Since we were on a budget, she offered a great price. I can't wait to get the pictures back next week!

Planning By Manning,  A++++++- Madison, WI
I can not say enough good things about my DOC, he was amazing and made my day stress free. He took care of every detail and I did not have to worry about anything. After 2 years of planning it was nice to really get a chance to enjoy our day. For those of you not sure about having a DOC, I highly recommend it! PM me if you would like more information on Planning by Manning. 

Global Entertainment Photobooth (unrated)
The photobooth was a huge hit at the wedding and everyone loved it! I looked at over 15 photobooths and they offered the best price for what I wanted. I have not rated them yet because we haven't received our album yet or the copy of the pictures yet. I will make sure to write another review once we receive that. 

Overall, it was am amazing day and I loved every second of it. Will post pictures soon!!

Re: Vendor Reviews from 9/17/11 wedding!!!

• Options
    RarisRaris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a totally different experience at Mahin's - I loved it!  I let them know of an idea of what I wanted before I came, she pulled ones she thought I'd like (and some styles I said I wanted to try), and she ended up finding me a dress that I loved and was in my price range.  I know two others that have had a good experience as well.

A lot of places prefer you make an appointment and don't take pictures....but that's just what I found when I went to the bridal show in January.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Quick question.....how do you not have your guest book from the photo booth? Is it not made on site though out the night by your guest. We were just at a wedding and they had Beyond the Booth (www,beyondthebooth.com). We got a copy of the photo to take home right away and then we got a second copy to glue in the guest book. I got to see the guest book the next day and it turned out AMAZING. A true keepsake for the bride and groom. I would highly recommend Beyond the Booth. We are going to use them for our wedding next year. Super fun and very classy!  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear that your guests liked that phtobooth! Thats the one we ended up going with, but I couldnt find a lot of reviews on it. Let us know how the books and pics turn out!
    The Wedded Road Wedding Countdown Ticker my read shelf:
    Fran Uselman's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They told me that they will be mailing the photo album to us. I know someone who used the same photobooth and they said that it took 3 weeks for it to arrive. I think they like to finish it and make sure the final payment goes through? I'm not sure why we haven't gotten it yet, I am calling them tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm just wondering whether you received your memory book and if you were happy with it?  I am looking at booking a photo booth and this was the best price I've found, but I wanted to see how your experience turned out?  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards